In other news the pipsqueaks (aka the twins) are still alive. We heard them last night with the doppler and we'll get a chance to see them on Friday at R's nuchal u/s.
Since my last blog a week ago I've written so many blogs in my head but unfortunately that hasn't translated into actually blogging. So instead I thought I would share some of the random thoughts and ongoings of the past week.
- That creepy dad I blogged about came in for an appointment today ( actually I squeezed his daughter in to my already full schedule). He was somewhat better behaved today but he still made some comments. He said my stomach was tight. I always thought tight was a good thing but then he followed it up by asking if I was doing sit ups b/c it's important. Hello, I can't even engage my abdominal muscles to sit up in bed, does he really think I'm doing crunches at night? When I said no, he then asked if I was exercising daily (and not in that wow you look great kind of way but rather the "you don't want to be fat after you give birth kind of way"). I said no and changed the subject.
- Pregnancy has taken my wife from having an amazing sense of smell to now having a freakish sense of smell. Seriously she's at blood hound level. I should offer her services up to the local police department.
- Apparently nausea makes one not be able to do anything (even though I managed to work full time while puking 4-5 times per day) and pregnancy has made me lose my sympathy. If R is nauseous she's only able to lay in bed - she can't do school work or house work for that matter and I become totally not nice. I think we're both working on this, well I'm trying to be nicer but it's hard. Gotta love the 1st and 3rd trimester combo.
- Straight girls really love baby showers and shopping for babies. I don't think this is a common trait among lesbians. However straight women are genuinely excited about buying baby stuff and watching a pregnant woman open gifts. It's something I never expected. I had a baby shower at work this week. It was arranged by my office staff and they kind of forgot to tell me about it. I found out about it the day before by accident ...oops. My staff and colleagues were super generous which is not something that I'm totally comfortable with. Especially for my MA's to be getting me so many things when I make so much more than they do and I know most of them have large families and some are single moms. However, they all kept saying how much fun they had shopping for the gifts and how much they love to buy baby stuff. Must be a straight girl thing, especially b/c my wife absolutely hates BRU and we're having 3 kids.



5 comments:
It will be even harder when they want to do it all again for R.
Well except it will be "HER" getting most of the attention and you will be busy holding down a 5-6 month old :)
Still wish you'd kick that guy !
I asked and I guess we aren't guessing date, time, weight, height etc. ?
No fun polls or games ?
I love shopping for baby stuff, and i think its from all the showers i attended. straight people do Love all that stuff!!!
Yeah, I am straight too, and I have such a good time shopping for baby showers. I love lurking on the BRU registry sites to see as soon as one of my pregnant friends/family members registers & then I am on it. Don't feel guilty accepting those gifts even though they make less than you do- if they are like me, the joy is in the shopping AND the giving.
I'm puzzled why anyone would want to "kick that guy" out. Benefit v. risk? Scratching my head.
Straight person here who is not very shower friendly and does 95% of shopping online.
;)
That creepy dad is awful. Geez. Talk about inappropriate, personal comments....
Post a Comment