We've made it to 24 weeks!!! The viability milestone. Not that in any way I want our boy to make his appearance at 24 weeks but still, this is a huge milestone. During residency I did plenty of rotations in the NICU and took care of plenty of 24 weekers (even some 23 1/2 weekers). I took R into the NICU several times to show her the babies. She always thought the micro preemies looked like kittens - we'll we're now at kitten stage!
In other news, I think the boy has shifted some again and I finally felt him more again today. He gave me a huge kick today while I was in the middle of talking to a patient's mom. It made me totally lose my train of thought. I had to apologize and tell the mom I had just been kicked. Luckily, that's the joy of pediatrics - the mom was totally amused and we all got a good laugh out it.
For those of you that commented on my yoga post - several of you mentioned having pregnancy yoga DVDs. Any recommendations? I went to Bor*ders yesterday looking for a pregnancy yoga DVD since I won't be able to make it to the yoga class every Saturday (I work some weekends). I found one DVD - it was much cheaper than the rest. I read the back - it said "Do you want flatter abs?" WTF - this is a pregnancy yoga DVD. No for once in my life I don't want flatter abs. I'm loving my huge round belly. It's the one time in my life that I love my body - and that includes my new found ass. I've never had a butt. Even though I'm half hispanic, I have no JLo inheritance. That is until now - I now have a butt. I'm not sure where it came from and I don't particularly want it to stay. I can't wear my old pants with the bel*la band b/c of my thighs and butt. I didn't even know my thighs and butt had gotten bigger until I just tried on a pair of pants - holy shit. (BTW - I don't want the pregnancy yoga DVD for weight loss - I'm not worried about that until after the boy is born. I want it to help with breathing and relaxing).
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Congrats on 24 weeks!
That's a great story. Kitty stage.
I used "Baby & Mom...pre natal Yoga" The New Method
It's led by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa. Apparently she does the prenatal Yoga for the STAAAAAAAAARS !
I know that is important to you. :)
It was for me, for SURE !
OH...I don't know if this works or not. I couldn't do it. IF you are concerned about it, after the boy is born....put an a girdle. It's supposed to help push your hips back in.
I had a friend who SWORE by it.
Post a Comment