Monday, August 06, 2007

giggling like a 13 y/o girl

My readership has totally dropped off - probably because I don't blog very often and probably because I've crossed over from the land of infertility and IVF into the land of the pregnant women. My belly continues to grow - I can still see my feet but I can't see my girl parts anymore. I have run out of room on my thighs for my heparin shots so I've started reaching around to the fattier areas on the backs of my thighs. Reaching around is getting harder to do so I've been having R give me my shots. Tonight just after she put the needle in the skin, R began to have a giggle attack. Her whole body shook as if she was having a seizure... a seizure while holding the needle that was sticking in me, the one that I really couldn't reach around and grab. It took her forever to push the plunger down. She felt horrible about it but the worse she felt and the more she tried to stop laughing, the more she continued to laugh. I have no idea what she was laughing about but needless to say, I wasn't laughing.

In other news - I should have more pictures of the boy tomorrow. I have an u/s scheduled for tomorrow so I'll update the blog with pictures tomorrow afternoon.

R has also started IVF #3. She started stims today and will have her first follie check on Sat. I'll keep you posted on that as well.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is weird to go from blogging about TTC to blogging about pregnancy. I had a hard time continuing to read pregnancy blogs when I was TTC. It's sad...on one hand they provide massive amounts of hope nad on the other hand I was so jealous that I couldn't really commit to reading them.

It is disconcerting to lose sight of body parts. I have regained visibility of most body parts at this point. One thing I miss is seeing my stomach big and tight. Now it is much flatter, but soft ad flabby and a little stretch marked. It looked SO much better pregnant! And pre-pregnant! I tell the bbies every day that they created this stomach!

I would not let anyone with a giggle fit near me with a needle! I bet you will be grateful when the shots are over.

Stacey said...

I'm still here reading along. I check often. :) I can understand folks still stuck in ttc hell not wanting to read. It's a hard place to be.

Ooh more pics of the boy? Cool!!!

Anonymous said...

In my defense... I also giggled when I stuck myself with my injection!! I was just in a giggly mood apparently... I did feel bad though.

K J and the kids said...

That is hilarious. in a not so funny kind of way for you of course. :)
I ALWAYS tried to get J to let me stick her. I thought it was fair.

Oh and R (what's R?)yes, but did you leave the needle stuck in yourself while trying to gain control ? I'm siding with your wife. (however I'm laughing my ass off with you :)

Shannon said...

I'm reading too. :)

Anonymous said...

yikes! reminds me of when my wife stuck me with a big ass needle of HCG (we did IM because I didn't ovulate the month we need SubQ) and it ricocheted (sp?) off my ass 3x before she pushed hard enough to get it through the muscle. Not fun!!

Anonymous said...

KJ... yes, I did leave the needle stuck in me while I giggled away!! It doesn't make it hurt anymore... it just takes longer to inject it. LOL And 'R' is so my wife can have just a little bit of anonymity. Somehow though, a few people got smart and connected the dots between our blogs :) We just don't use our names on her blog.