Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dancing

I continue to suck at regularly blogging. I think of all these great things to blog about everyday on my drive home but I never end up getting on the computer once I get home. So now, as I sit to blog during my lunch hour I feel I have nothing to tell you all about.

I am currently in the second trimester bliss. I hit 21 weeks yesterday which still seem surreal to me. I had my level II u/s this past weekend and everything looks great. It's still definitely a boy - and in that boy way he kept showing us his penis (obviously this behavior is innate). I feel him move but not as regularly as I would like. Damn anterior placenta gets in the way. I still use the doppler for those times when I haven't felt him in over a day and start having my minor freak outs. Love the doppler!

As for my belly - I love it! While at home (promise, I don't do this at work) - I tend to lift my shirt up and marvel at my belly. R is great and seems to like the belly although she commented the other day about getting a comb to comb my belly fuzz. Pregnancy has caused me to develop a fine peach fuzz all over my belly - it's so gross (even to me). R is quite anti-hair and is bothered by it (although she says she's not). She keeps telling me to shave but I have issues with shaving my belly. I can hardly keep up with my legs and underarms, I'm not shaving my belly.

I do think R is also somewhat weirded out by my tummy. She's resorted to straight girl hugs. You know the type of hug in which each person's feet are several feet apart and you lean in to hug the person. That's compared to lesbian hugs in which people actually touch more than just shoulders. The first part of me that touches R is my belly which is pretty firm and I think it grosses her out. She's never been one to like pregnant bellies or to ever think of touching one - god I hope she gets pregnant so we can see how she reacts to her own body. I think it'll be hilarious. Speaking of which - we're currently doing the period dance to help R's period show up - it needs to make an appearance by the weekend so that she'll make the August IVF cycle group. So put on your headdresses and start dancing - we need all the help we can get.

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I'm dancing !

Anonymous said...

It's not just R-my partner is nervous about getting too close, too. I think they worry about injuring us or the babies. I don't know about you but I'm along the lines of "Pleeeeeeease kiss and hug me! We'll be fine!"

Anonymous said...

that's actually very funny. i never thought about it that way but it's totally the straight girl hug! congrats on 21 weeks, grow belly grow!

Stacey said...

Glad to hear that things are going well! I also had a hairy belly and my sister made fun of it. But really, you don't want to shave because then it'll be worse later. :P That's funny that R is so afraid of it. I can't wait to hear about her pregnancy experience. Fingers crossed!