Tuesday, July 17, 2007

1st trimester flashback

This morning as I was getting ready to leave the house I suddenly felt really nauseous and started gagging. I was basically walking out of the house at that moment and when I didn't throw up I thought everything was ok. I made it as far as the garage (which of course I locked the door from the house to the garage) when the real deal came along. I ran inside and proceeded to lose my breakfast. WTF? This hasn't happened to me in weeks. I've been feeling great. Where the hell did this come from? Of course now I'm all paranoid - does this mean something?

Fast forward to 2nd trimester - In 2nd trimester news, we were finally able to order all the pieces to our nursery. It was very exciting! BRU only lets you order furniture if they have it in stock at the regional warehouse. We had ordered the dresser and glider 2 weeks ago. We then ordered the hutch late last week but were still waiting for the crib. We were on a list and were told that they check it 2x per day. We were even told that when the cribs became available, they would give 1st priority to anyone on the list versus someone who came into the store. They were expecting 28 cribs, so we were feeling good. Well we happened to go to BRU last night to fix something on the registry that we couldn't fix online and we happened to ask about the crib. Instead of 28, they got in 2 yesterday afternoon. Screw the list, we were there in person and got 1 of the 2 cribs!!! That's totally crap about the list. Lesson learned - check daily and don't rely on the list.

In other IF news - R didn't find her period in the woods while camping but rather she found it when we got back to the city. Despite being told that if it didn't show up by Sunday she would likely not make the August cycle group, turns out a Monday arrival was still ok. We're on for IVF #3 with a likely ER date of Aug 18th or 19th!

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Was your stomach full ?
Did you have breakfast ? I know that as things grow you can sometimes feel sick again. I'm certain you are fine.
Maybe it was just a big growth spurt.
Hopefully you won't be sick the whole pregnancy.