The coolest thing happened last night. Sure I've had other stuff to blog about this week - like the crazy dream I had (maybe I'll write about that later) but last night R finally got to feel the baby. I actually don't feel him too much. My placenta is anterior and I guess it acts as a barrier between his kicks and my uterus thereby making him more difficult to feel. I do have inconsistent flutters and the occasional little thumps.
I've been worried that R might not get to feel him much, especially after she read the blog of someone who is 30-something weeks who also has an anterior placenta and whose husband doesn't really feel the baby kicking. I feel I have an unfair advantage in that I can feel the little guy and she can't. Well last night while watching TV after dinner the baby was super active - the most he's ever been. I started feeling some significant kicks in the right lower part of my abdomen (right under my appendectomy scar). I put my hand there and I actually felt something from the outside. Immediately I made R put her hand there and she felt them also!!! It was the most exciting thing ever! Much more exciting than just me feeling him. Not that it's a surprise these days but it totally made me tear.
For those of you that read R's blog, you know that we had a big garage sale this past weekend. R had made fun of me on her blog for being too attached to certain objects that I haven't used/worn in years. However I am proud to report that I did not buy back any of my own stuff. I did keep some jewelry that didn't sell (R wanted to give it to good.will) but I didn't buy it back or discourage others from buying. The same is not true for R. We have several fish aquariums in our house. We were selling our little 20 gallon aquarium and stand. Whenever anyone would show interest in the aquarium, R would get all funny, especially if she judged them not to be "fish" people. She was under the impression that non-fish people would not love her little aquarium the way she loved it. She was thrilled in the end when it did not sell. Unlike everything else that did not sell, it did not make the good.will trip. The empty aquarium is now back in our garage and R couldn't be happier.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
HOW EXCITING ! So glad you were able to share that.
Very funny. "fish" people. Seriously ?! :) ha ha ha
hehe It's such cute little tank!! I said I would gladly list it online or give it to one of ours friends!! So there. :P
Isn't that the best? for us, it was Feb. 1, when I was 20 weeks. That is when Nicole felt Baby A move. I loved being able to share that with her. I already miss being pregnant!!
how fantastic!
"fish people". LOL
And sharing that is the coolest thing. Isn't it surreal?
Post a Comment