I have sucked at blogging more than usual lately. I'm sorry that it's been over a week since I've last posted. Things are going well with the pregnancy. I'm starting to feel better, although I still have occasional barfing sessions. Here are some random thoughts and happenings of the past week:
We used the Doppler several days ago and I found the heartbeat right away which was very exciting. Usually it would take me 5-10 minutes to find the heartbeat by which point I would start to get panicky and freak out which somehow would come across as complete bitchiness to R who is always next to me while I Doppler. The heartbeat was also a bit higher up on my belly so it was nice not to have to get the slimy goop all over my pubic hairs.
I have a bump now and am very excited about it. I know most of it is fat and not my actual uterus but to me I look pregnant (to others I probably look fat - like I have one hell of a poochy belly). I'm all about cute little dresses and clothes that show off my bump. I even had someone touch my belly - granted she knows I'm pregnant, but none the less, someone besides R touched my belly. I'm sure that will eventually get annoying but for now, I'm thrilled.
I felt I needed to buy new underwear because my old ones are ending up up my ass all day long (and they're not thongs, so they really shouldn't be up my ass). While at target last week, I bought a 2 pack of Haines cotton bikini's. They seemed comfy looking and I figured they would do the trick. To me the term bikini implies that there is anywhere from an elastic waistband to up to maybe 2 inches of fabric on the sides. I swear that's what the picture on the packet showed. Needless to say, I'm now sporting Bridget Jones underwear. As soon as I put these on, I wanted to speak in a British accent and write in a diary. For the love of god - these things are huge and look absolutely hideous. For being this big and ugly one would think that they would be the most comfortable underwear on the planet and I'm sorry to say, they are only moderately comfortable - although they are certainly not up my ass.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
*delurking*
The Gap and/or Old Navy make great maternity undies that aren't old ladyish. They are like boy shorts sort of and very comfortable. And the secret is that they are the same as their regular underwear... You can often find it on sale (whoo hoo!).
Awww...I left a comment on R's blog earlier warning about the "pop" that'll take place around 18-20 weeks...up until then it'll be the kind of bump that could go either way (pudgy or pregnant) and mostly only friends and family will comment, but around that time you'll just wake up one day and suddenly WOW you look pregnant, and strangers start asking when you're due, and the waistbands on maternity pants fit you...I've read all of your archives; I love your style of writing and I like reading a blog by a pediatrician--I have three kids with issues so we spend a lot of time around them. And I never, ever forget to turn my phone off when we are waiting for the doctor to come in now :-)
I liked the Old N@vy pregnant undies, and they are often cute and totally not brief-like. I am so happy you are getting a bona fide pregnant belly. totally exciting.
delurking as well. Congrats and I cant wait to keep following!
Congrats on your bump. I'm so happy to find yet another pregnant woman lurking in the TTC blogosphere. Old Navy pretty much rocks for maternity wear in general, since they are the same clothes as the non-maternity tweeked.
glad things are going so well. so exciting to have the bump, isn't it? :) sorry about the granny panties.
Post a Comment