Well it seems I have become one of those women who gets pregnant and quits blogging regularly. I'm still here and other than throwing up several times per day and feeling nauseous pretty much every waking minute, things are going well. I'm pretty miserable and I hate it. I have always wanted to be pregnant and now I'm hating every second of it. Last year during my first 9 week pregnancy, I was felt good and thus was able to be happy. I wanted to be healthy and would only eat very healthy food. This time around I feel like crap, the thought of food makes me ill and I'm eating anything that might stay down (or else something that won't taste too bad coming up). I'm pretty much living on carbs right now - a waffle for breakfast (no syrup), cheese sandwiches (those little Hawaiian bread rolls with slices of Cheddar cheese) as a snack and then bland food the rest of the day. R made the best home made mac-n-cheese last night (she made it very bland). It's the first time I ate a normal portion in a while and kept it down.
We have our next u/s on Friday. While I know my all day sickness is definitely a good sign, I'm still a bit nervous. I keep thinking over and over, please be alive, please be alive. We got a Doppler yesterday (from e-bay). It's still to early to use, although I definitely tried it. I'll try again in another week or 2. I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow! Please still be alive.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
rootin' for you guys!!
Alive...that baby is kicking your ass it sounds like.
I'm seriously so lurking and happy for you.
The fact that you are SOOO sick is such a good sign. (Sorry to say)
Good luck tomorrow.
That all day sickness is very good news. I know you know that (being a doctor and all that ;-), but it's hard to make your emotions listen to rationality.
It's also hard not to worry when you've already suffered the worst. It takes away your naivete, your joy in the experience. And that sucks hard. It's so not fair.
Good luck on Friday.
I agree with the others...the sickness is a very good sign! That said, I understand your fear. It's hard to relax when you have seen the Dark Side of pregnancy. It's difficult to relax, esp. between appointments.
But you are 8 weeks! The end of the first trimester is in sight! Your beta is great; every appt. shows a perfect baby in terms of siize and sac, etc.; your progesterone is great....there are no scary signs of "measuring behind" or "low beta" or "low progesterone" or "no symptoms." I am convnced all is well! : )
I sort of started my blog when I got pregnant but was too afriad to blog at all in the beginning! (afraid of the feelings I was feeling; fear of tragedy, etc.) I didn't really get a groove until toward the end of the first trimester. I kinda regret it, bec. it is a great log of the experience. So keep blogging! Even the scary thoughts! It wil all end up fine! : )
Sorry to hear you're so sick, but as everyone else says, and you know, it's such a good sign! Sending good vibes your way!
k j and the kids made a great comment...that baby is kicking your ass! Can't wait to hear about the next US :)
I hope all is well with your next appointment! I am so sorry you're so sick. I was sick my whole pregnancy (but I was having twins, so that probably explains the extent of it), and it is no fun. Like you, I loved to eat lots n lots of food before I was pregnant. I didn't feel like myself anymore!
I don't have any advice, because nothing really worked for me. Pharmaceuticals worked for a couple weeks, and then only helped a little after that. Gatorade in small sips was good, I guess. I never had any one food that worked or didn't worked. It constantly changed. I really hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment