Things have been going well since my ultrasound. No spotting or anything scary like that. I continue to have major nausea. I can't believe I ever complained about the minor nausea that I had last time I was pregnant. The smell or even the thought of food is totally repulsive. This is a completely new feeling for me since I can eat more than most guys I know. Really, nothing ever seems to curtail my appetite. I usually continue to eat despite pretty much any circumstance - throwing up and having diarrhea from the stomach flu? No problem, just have to time the food better but I keep eating. Well not so with this pregnancy. Food just seems so gross. I have completely lost my appetite. I dread meal time because I know that I have to eat (that baby needs nutrition) but I don't want to eat. That is until today.
For some reason, I thought about mashed potatoes today and much to my surprise, I wasn't grossed out. So where does one go to get mashed potatoes in the middle of the day - why KFC, of course!! (there just happens to be one right next to the hospital) And when at KFC one also must get a biscuit and then (why the hell not) some chicken strips as well (please don't e-mail me and tell me how cruel they are to chickens or that I actually ate beaks and feet or something like that). All I know is that it was freaking awesome and all afternoon I felt pretty good. No sprinting down the hall in between patients to puke in the bathroom. In fact this is the best I've felt in weeks. I love me some KFC. And just in case you are wondering, KFC is not my usual lunch time food. I've worked at this particular office for 10 months now and this was my first KFC run. I have a feeling it won't be my last.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
That is good that you found something you could eat. I felt that way too and all I could eat was mandarin oranges and dry cereal. You got to eat what sounds good to you at this point. It will get better.
You've found your craving food! Enjoy. Much better than my ham sandwich lunches every day for the first three months. Nitrites, anyone?
I can't imagine not having an appetite. That has never happened to me! I seem to have a bottomless pit of a stomach that never quite fills up. I'm glad you found salvation in KFC. Whatever gets you through the day is fine!
feeling sick is certainly a good sign. it's tough to feel that way when you're in the midst I know but I always routed for being sick and was emotioanlly more at ease when I was.
Funny! I, too, ate lots of KFC when I was pg with my son. Must be something soothing and comforting about that stuff. :) Enjoy!!!
yum. the potatoes and biscuits sounds really good and the chicken. not much sounds good to me lately because i have to lay down after eating and then burp it all up fo hours afterwards.
charlotte of dosmamas was here yesterday for our 7th attmept to knock up her wife. she drove around for 30 minutes while i tried to direct her to burger king. we finally got her there and she brought me a whopper with fries that were still hot! yum. burpy but worth it.
so glad to here abut your good u/s. go embryo, go!!
i'm a p*opeye's girl myself but hey if it works keep doing it!
heh, hope ate somewhere around 753 baked potatoes when she was pregnant with quinn. it was the one food she could keep down, so go thee to KFC as often as you need to!
(btw, this is meglett from heymamacita)
those potatoes and that gravy is the best! I havent had it in a while but you best believe my butt is going to pick up a large of each of Friday night for dinner!
I am so glad that things are going so good for you!
yum. nothing better than some well timed junk food while pregnant.
Post a Comment