I just have to take a moment to brag about my wife who definitely deserves the bestest wife ever award (and yes, I'm aware that bestest isn't really a word). R has really made a dramatic comeback this week from her previous coming off birth control pills while taking lupron PMS bitch-fest that she had going on last week. This morning, although she could have slept in she got up while I was in the shower and made me waffles to try to stave off the nausea. It was a valid attempt but the puke-fest still started about 20 minutes later.
Then today she showed up unannounced at my office during my lunch hour (poor thing waited in my parking lot for almost a half an hour because I was with a sick patient before lunch). She was like Santa Claus as she brought 2 bags of goodies. There was Gatorade (b/c water is now gross and I'm so over ginger-ale), there were mints, ginger Altoids, spearmints and some more mint things (b/c she read that those things help some people). There was also a big box of saltines and some peanut butter crackers.
And most importantly, she bought me sea bands. I had heard of sea bands but I had never really seen them before. For those of you who haven't seen them either, they are like small (1 1/2 inch wide) athletic wrist bands. Mine happen to be in a lovely shade of pale blue. If only I had a matching head band and some leg warmers I could go to a 1980's gym and 'get physical' with Olivia Newton-John. The sea bands are also quite tight with the little plastic button digging into my inner wrist and they create a nice tourniquet effect. If I needed to give blood right now, one could use a huge needle because the veins in my hands are super plump from wearing these things all afternoon. If they work, I won't make fun of them and I'll accept my bodybuilder looking hands but for now I'm not quite sure yet. Maybe they're just meant to make me feel so silly that it distracts from feeling like crap. Or maybe they're supposed to inspire me to put on some tennis clothes and try to do something to get my mind off of puking.
Back to my wife, the other amazing thing she has done this week is cook bland meals. In addition to cooking me bland meals she has also had to eat them. She's already being punished and relegated to a pregnancy diet and she's not even pregnant yet. (BTW - she had a baseline u/s yesterday and is all set for for FET on April 24th). She really has been amazing this week and I figure I'd use this public forum to thank her. I love you R!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
OMG you guys are so cute. The nausea is likely over in just a few weeks when you get to the second trimester. Hang in there...
your wife rocks and you SHOULD get a matching headband. if you were a man (or if you luck out with some wacky pregnancy hormones) you could even sport an "irony mustache".
That is super sweet.
I hope the sea bands work!
Sounds like a really amazing wife you have there. :) Hope those super tight bands work!
She's great! Hopefully the Seabands will work for you but I threw mine away when I was wearing them while hanging my head over the toilet puking my breakfast...
Wow...how considerate and thoughtful. I think every pregnant woman needs a wife! I hope some combo of all those things works for you!
GOOD luck today at the u/s. I am sure it will all be fine! And you will get a great picture of the baby and his/her little arm and leg buds!
Post a Comment