I know that some of you read R's blog and have been keeping up with the latest development. I haven't been able to post but figured I should share (and also for those of you that don't read her blog). So as you all know, I've been feeling miserable and puking my guts out. While I hated how I was feeling, it was somewhat reassuring.
On Monday, I started feeling human again. I still threw up a few times but I didn't feel that constant nausea feeling that I had been having all day. In fact I felt pretty good. I actually had an appetite and food sounded good. The strange new feeling continued on Tuesday (although again, I did puke twice but it was very sudden onset of nausea and vomiting). These new feelings of normalcy totally freaked me out. It probably didn't help that this week I will surpass the furthest point we've ever reached in any of our 3 pregnancies (with my first pregnancy, I last saw the heartbeat at 8w3d and it was gone at 9w3d - baby probably died around 8w4-5d). Today I am 9 weeks.
So last night I shared my feelings and paranoia with R. Poor thing was up all night worrying. I know I really freaked her out. This morning I woke up and again felt like crap. I spewed my morning cereal and felt nauseous all morning. I was miserable but happy. That is until the afternoon when I started having some cramps. Then all the nausea in the world was not enough to calm my fears. I decided to take advantage of another doctor perk. For the love of god, I work in a hospital. I called up to labor and delivery and the doc on call was ok with me running up.
I went up when I had a patient that didn't show up. I guess they don't have vaginal probes up in L&D, so the on call doc gave it a go with the abdominal u/s machine. It was my very first ever abdominal u/s. And the baby is still alive. It was squirming all around and most importantly the heart was beating away! So things are going well. I'm going to try and not be so freakin neurotic. Although I have a feeling by the time it's all said and done, I'll know all the doctors up in L&D quite well.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
So glad that everything is okay! When I started reading your post, I was worried that something had happened. And your fear is totally normal, even without miscarriages people freak out. I remember worrying my entire pregnancy. It is hard to not know what's going on in there. So glad that you have the perk of being able to check when you want. Hopefully the nausea will subside and you can enjoy a healthy pregnancy minus the morning sickness. It disappears in the 2nd trimester for most people and you're almost there. :)
Good to hear that everything is just fine. And what a lovely little perk an office u/s is!
hell, take advantage of the perks. everything about having a child is frickin nerve racking. first the angst of ttc, then the fear or staying pregnant, then the fear of SIDS or something totally stupid like a lunatic going on a shooting spree at a university. it's just all scary, take advantage of those slivers of opportunity that you get to actually relax and enjoy!
jesus christ woman, reading that scared the friggin' shit out of me. whew. okay. heartbeat. now you're past your 8 1/2 week or so deadbabymilestone. whew again.
I know it doesn't help much but it is totally normal to freak out over the slightest changes and even no changes when you are pregnant. I'm glad you were able to reassure yourself though and I am all for taking advantage of whatever you can to calm your fears. I'm thrilled for you that things are going so well. :)
Post a Comment