Sunday, March 11, 2007

This morning's HPT was slightly darker than yesterdays test. I'm still so impressed that I've had 3 days of positive HPT's and today is only 11dpIUI. I really want this to work. That's why this morning when in what has become my now routine inspection of the toilet paper after I pee, I noticed very light pinkish-brown discharge and panicked. Yesterday when I went for my beta, I also checked off progesterone on the lab slip. Progesterone takes a while to come back so the results weren't up yesterday when I checked on my beta. This morning after noting the spotting, I immediately checked my progesterone level - it was 3.6.

We consulted with the 24/7 on call RE - otherwise known as Dr. Google. Dr. Google confirmed that 3.6 is way too low. I immediately started icing my ass to do a PIO shot. With the ice on my ass I e-mailed my RE and left a message at my clinic. Without a response, we proceeded with the PIO. My RE did call back shortly after and he too recommended the PIO. I will have a repeat beta and progesterone tomorrow.

In the mean time, R has put me on bed rest. I do have to go to work tomorrow but for today R is not allowing me to do anything. I'm not a very good bed bound patient - I know this from my bed rest days after embryo transfer. R has so much school work to do today. My plan had been to clean the house today while R studied but instead she is tending to my needs. I keep apologizing every time I need something that which only serves to piss her off. Good times at our house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed and wishing the best of luck...can't remember off hand why didn't they start you on progesterone post insem?

Mama2BandT

Casey said...

Stop apologizing and just stay put. :) I'm glad you were able to check your level and take action. I lost two pregnancies before the doc would put me on progesterone (which I figured *on my own* was too low!). The next pg stuck - thank God. I still kick myself over the lost pregnancies though. I should have been more forceful. So stay put and get that progesterone in your system as soon as possible.

I'm rooting for you every minute of the day.

PS...I had spotting twice with my first baby. Scared the crap out of me - turned out that I was being "too careful" (aka: too vigilant) to wipe and check after peeing (and in between) and had made a raw spot that would bleed. Just tossing that out there for later down the road. :)

Steph said...

Mama2BandT - They didn't start me on progesterone b/c we didn't think that I needed it. I don't ovulate often, so I don't really know if I have a luteal phase defect. Last time I was pregnant, I don't remember if they even checked progesterone but it didn't seem to be a problem (I miscarried after seeing an u/s in which the baby had stopped growing and there was no longer a heartbeat). I did progesterone before but that was only after IVF. I'm just so grateful that we had some at home for me to immediately shoot up.

whatthef*ck said...

hmm. i think i recall an RE telling me, during my prog scare, that a prog of 5 could work out just fine and that was 7 or 8 weeks into it. hopefully it's on its way up and you are just at the beginning. inretrospect having my prog tested caused nothing but trouble for me and i suffered from a classic cse of too much information. but how can a girl resist esp when you can take the shots and feel like it actually help.

fingers crossed for you. this has to work out for fuck's sake.

Anonymous said...

I had spotting too and it really scared the heck out of me. You are probably having implanttaion spotting. I think your prog. will be fine. You have PIO and if you need those fancy bullets,too, I am sure you can get them on monday.

And in terms of levels...only us IUI and IVF patients seem to get checked. All of my friend who conceived on their own don't even visit the doctor until 8 or 9 weeks, ad they are all fine. We are victim to way too much information and way too much background and an itchy google finger.

I'm very excited for today's beta!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to clarify that the pissing me off part was only because you kept saying you were sorry!! I certainly didn't mind getting things for you :) I just didn't think you needed to apologize each time!! LOL XOXOX