Things are progressing nicely. I had an additional beta last week at 23dpo which came back at 15751!!! That's way above the median values listed on betabase but in line with the numbers that some of you who have twins have shared. The morning sickness has also continued to progress. It's actually worse in the evenings but can strike at any moment. I keep eating all day hoping to keep the puking at bay but it doesn't really work. I still throw up but not everything, so I am consuming a shit load of calories. I'm getting so fat since I cut out my regular runs at the beginning of this cycle and since now I'm eating all day long. I once had hopes of being one of those cute pregnant women with the normal body except for the cute little (or big) belly. Now I think I'm going to be one of those fat pregnant women with the huge butt, extra belly fat to pad the bump and not to mention the sexy bruises on my thighs from the heparin shots. I think I'll dress up as white trash pregnant Britney Spea.rs for Halloween (picture the Matt Lau.er interview with Britney).
As for my dreams. Unfortunately I have not had any more orgasm dreams. Instead I had the most horrendous miscarriage dream. In that dream, I miscarried twin boys (which is also part of the nightmare - I really want a daughter but just know that we're going to end up with a house full of boys). In my dream the boys came out both in the same sac. (With my real m/c the sac came out intact and I saw the fetus). This time though the boys looked like a 1 inch model of a real baby. And much like the pictures in the Harry Pot.ter movies they were waving at me and moving around as I held the little sac in my hand. One boy had blond spikey hair and the other one looked like the caveman in the Gei.co commercials with reddish-brown hair all over including a full beard. To make matters worse, I wasn't home and actually ran into my doctor in my dream. I gave him the specimen and he said to prepare it for pathology (I insisted on testing this time) he had to put them in a blender, which he happened to have with him. I woke up just as he was turning on the blender. Needless to say, I've been traumatized ever since.
Only 3 more sleeps until my u/s.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
that's the problem with pregnancy dreams. they're unpredictable and not always as good as your last one. i had pretty sexual dreams too but also had my share of really scray ones. and they're all so detailed and vivid! wait until later on when you start having dreams that bring into question whether the vials your RE used were the right ones or whether they could have somehow been 'switched'. those were definitely fun, so much so that i called the nurse at our clinic to see if that's ever happened before. let the games begin!
Scary! I'd have a hard time closing my eyes again after that one.
My pregnancy dreams were very vivid each time, too - both good and bad. I wish there was a way to screen out the bad ones.
I kept up my gym routine until 8 weeks, then felt guilty and stopped. And then came the weight....all for a good cause, all for a good cause...that's what I keep reminding myself.
By the way, I feel so certain you have twins in there! That beta is nice a high!
OK, that dream is a nightmare, and hopefully those will stop. Let's hope that was a one-off. I haven't had many scary dreams like that....more like freaky dreams. Everything is going well so far (knock on wodd) and I am certain you will have happy news in three days!!
May the sleeps go by quickly!! : )
3 sleeps! Can't wait to hear how many there are.
pregnancy dreams suck. there are so many miscarriage or weird birth dreams. hang in there!
sorry about the morning sickness. mine hit in the evening too. and i got so sick of eating to keep myself from feeling sick. but it passes quickly. hopefully. ;)
good luck with the u/s! wow, i wonder if it is twins.
sorry for the no caps. too hard to type with riley on my lap.
Blender ? That's good that you woke up.
I always dreamed that I had the babies and would leave them somewhere or forget to feed them.
I say go back to the nasty dreams, not as scary and may give you a little bit of the work out that you are missing out on.
I see you only have one more day until your u/s and since I will be out of town and away from the computer I thought I would send a note to let you know that I am eager to hear all about everything. I'm holding you and that(those) baby(babies) in my thoughts.
Post a Comment