This morning I again POAS. Well actually I woke up at 2:30am and tried to hold it in and go back to sleep. By 2:45am I couldn't hold it in any longer. I peed into a cup and then tested this morning when I woke up for good at 6:30am. The reason that I POAS again, was that I was having a 3rd beta today and needed some reassurance that it would be ok. The test line came up before the control line did and was just as dark as the control line. That really helped ease my mind for the 2 hour wait until the beta.
I'm not sure how any of you girls manage to wait so long for results. I am able to go into the system and check my labs. I can't imagine having to wait for the RE's office to call. This is one doctor perk that I'm going to take advantage of. It's as close to unethical as I get. I would never order meds for myself and much to R's dismay, I won't order anything for her either. But I will check our labs - mostly just for betas and for progesterone. If it hadn't been for my psycho vigilance with the progesterone, this pregnancy might not have been.
So as for beta #3 - it's fucking great!!! It went from 14 at 10dpo, to 45 on 12dpo, to 255 on 15dpo. My doubling times are in the 28 hour range. I'm so excited I can hardly work. Well that and I want to puke. I did actually puke this morning. I decided the baby(ies) needed protein so I made myself some eggs for breakfast. They were great going in but no so great coming back. R says it was due to nerves. I say bring on morning sickness. I need daily reassurance that this one is going to live and I'll take that reassurance in the form of puking any day.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Yes, the waiting sucks! And then the: "May I speak with Jennifer? Is this Jennifer? Hi Jennifer hw are ou? This is Cathy calling from Dr. Miracle Babies Office and I am calling with the..."
And I am on the other end thinking JUST GIVE ME THE NUMBER!!! They shoudl just caqll and say "Hi. 206. See you in two days."
You are in a win win situation: A VERY strong singleton OR twins!! This is really happeneing! Congrats!
And in terms of the symptoms...I hade nothing with twins except full on exhaustion. I really wanted to throw up. One night I smelled some garlic and I thought it made me queasy for like a second. But I got over it in about a minute. I wanted ANYTHING! But sometimes, I see now, nothing is good! NOW, the "make it stop please make itr stop" discomfort is daily!! Oh how I long for the early days again! (bit still, even now, I wlecome the pain bec. it measn I am pregnant!)
Can you go in for an u/s at 5w? They shoudl see sacs then!! Can't you go borrow an u/s wand??!!
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!
Damn - I am so excited for you. Happy puking! :)
Yaah! Happy puking! :) Hmm is that number strong enough to suspect multiples or borderline? I don't remember. Congrats
Mama2BandT
Mama2BandT - according to my new favorite website www.betabase.info the average beta on 15dpo for a singleton is 163 and for multiples is 278. While we're hoping for twins, my gut says it's just one that implanted early. And really, I won't complain about that. Especially not when R does her FET next month!
My doctor said the doubling rate was more of an indication of twins than the hcg number itself. At 14dpo I was 208...at 16dpo I was 653. My doubling rate was higher than usual for singletons. That said, either way, you are pregnant! In a strong way!!!!
Congrats. I couldn't be happier for you both.
so damn happy to hear that things are going so well. totally pulling for you guys! having gone through a pregnancy, and now having a one year old, i think you guys are crazy potentially both being pregnant at the same time but more power to ya!
checking in on you everyday. great news about the beta, the stick, the puking. puking sounds like a great sign. and your prog of 5 was SO early. all systems go.
go embryo, go!!
Fantastic! This has such a good feel about it. Keep us all posted!
We all are exciting for you... Keep us post - can't wait to hear more news from u real soon.....
Puke away! The sicker the better at this point. At least that's what I've heard.
I'm so happy for you guys and that this one is looking up!
All that matters is that you're pg (obviously), but that being said I really had my heart said on you guys both having twins. Then, you could take pictures of the kidlets in you schnazzy quad stroller! Yes, my wife has told me that I do think I'm tremendously funny even when I'm not! :)
OMG YAY!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!!!
Oh my goodness, I return to reading blogs after giving birth 9 days ago, to find that you are pregnant!
Huge congratulations, and wishing you a healthy full-term pregnancy.
Post a Comment