Wednesday, March 14, 2007

14dpo

I have hit the 4 weeks mark today. I feel like I have known about this pregnancy forever (well at least since last Friday) and can't believe that today is the day my period would have been expected. Most people wouldn't even begin to suspect that they were pregnant for a few more days. Yet I have been having positive pregnancy tests since 9dpo and have been experiencing all sort of imagined symptoms like nausea and cramping and bigger boobs (mine are pretty small to start with so any increase is noticeable). Today is actually the first morning that I have not peed on a a stick. Yesterdays test, which I did not blog about was the darkest thus far. I know the color isn't supposed to mean much, but it sure is nice for the psyche to see that line get darker and darker.

So now onto the next step. I'll have another beta tomorrow. I'm not sure if they'll recheck my progesterone then. Monday's progesterone came back at 39.9 - much better than the 3.6 on Saturday. I guess that PIO really does wonders. I also scheduled my first u/s. My nurse originally tried to schedule me at almost 8 weeks - is she fucking nuts?!? I told her a 6 or 6 1/2 week u/s sounded better. I told her I'd likely be getting my second u/s by 8 weeks (due to my neurosis). She knew I was right and went ahead and scheduled me for 6wk2d which will be on Friday 3/30. That wait will seem like an eternity. Maybe I'll have to convince them for another beta next week - LOL something to kill the time or I'll have to go back to POAS to make sure that I'm still pregnant (not that the pee stick would tell me if something bad happened).

I'm not even sure why I just typed that last line. I'm really positive about this pregnancy. I really feel that this one is going to work. Now I'm just hoping for twins! That way we'll have an insurance baby - you know, a just in case something goes wrong with one baby, we have a back up baby. I know that sounds horrible and I would never say that once both were born. However it would make me feel more confidant about the pregnancy if there were 2. I had 4-6 follies, is 2 babies too much to ask for?

6 comments:

Casey said...

After all you have been through? No - 2 babies is not that much to ask for. Here is hoping for a happy and healthy 9 (which is really 10) months!!! I'm so, so happy for you. :)

whatthef*ck said...

4 weeks, WOO-HOO! time for a ticker, just kidding. not that i would judge you, i'd just be surprised. i personally liked the tickers counting down to manageable milestones, like your 6w, 2d u/s. i'll be pulling for you and the occupant/s of your uterus.

march 30? that's a fucking eon! hang in there, all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hoping all is well and healthy w/ the twins, then your lovely wife will do the FET and she'll have twins so then you guys can become a family of six withing 2-3 mos and really get stared at...if I wish so many babes on you it all has to work out, right?
Remember we'll be looking for frequent updates! :)

Dee said...

Asking for two babies is totally reasonable after everything you've been through. I can't believe you're four weeks already.

I'm so with you on being constantly paranoid. You just can't help it.

Jennifer said...

That's the thing with IVF and IUI: We are so spoiled by constant monitoring that we go thru withdrawal when appointments are 2 or 3 weeks away! If you have twins, you will at least have appointments twice a month...and then weekly after about 28 or 30 weeks!

You will know at the end of march how many little sacs are in there! I'm hoping for two healthy little sacs with flickering beats for you!

And i think it is so great that you are being positive. There really is something to all this positive thinking!

I agree with WTF...do a ticker countdown till your sonogram!

charlotte said...

I am so fucking happy for you.