Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lunch hour wanding

I ran out during my lunch hour today for a follie check. The clueless receptionist was on today at the RE clinic. She's the one who once pointed out that it was her son's due date and then seemed clueless when I said that it once was my due date as well. R stopped me from going into detail about my miscarriage. Anyway, today she loudly says "wow, I haven't seen you for a while" (meaning like 2 months). Then she says, "now you're not here for a prenatal u/s, right?". Yes dumb fuck, I am not here for a prenatal u/s.

So onto the good news. My little ovaries are waking up nicely this time around. I was afraid the lupron from the last IVF could have put them into a semi-permanent slumber but the little girls are making me proud. I have a nice crop of developing follicles. The RE is very pleased. We have agreed to push the envelope some with this cycle. We have had the selective reduction talk and I have agreed to it if it comes to that. However we know that my uterus eats up embryos like tic-tacs and it would be highly unlikely for a uterus full of embies to stick around. I'm willing to take my chances. We have spent so much time worrying about multiples and we still don't have a single child.

I will go back on Sunday for the next follie check. He's predicting that the IUI will be on Wednesday! I'll keep you all posted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome news, good luck! that receptionist is a total moron. you should let the office manager know though so she can consider investing in some sensitivity training. it's crazy how it's not common sense but i guess if she had a ton of common sense she wouldn't be a receptionist. i hope that comment doesn't get me into trouble...

charlotte said...

So glad your ovaries are cooperating. I think you should say something about that IDIOT receptionist. Truly, no one should be so lame in an RE's office. It is beyond insensitive.

Jennifer said...

It sounds liek you are off to a great start! I like the aggressive route. I say go for it all! I'm so excited for you!!

By the way, I love the new look!

Casey said...

This is great news - I'm so happy for you!

Stacey said...

Great news about the follicles!!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Stupid receptionist. I swear that some people do not know how to think before opening their mouths...

Dee said...

Good luck tomorrow with the next follie check! I'm sending lots of positive energy your way!!! Thank for the comments on my blog. I really appreciate you answering my question. Good luck!!

Tamsin said...

Sounding good!

Except for the dumb receptionist...