After 49 long days - AF finally dragged her sorry ass to my house. It's her first visit of 2007 and I couldn't be more excited! I had taken Jennifer's advice and tried the "old fashion" remedy to get her to show up. The night before, while not having a frisky bone in my body or thought in my head, I knew I had a job to do. I did what I had to do - I'm guessing it was much like baby making sex for straight couples. You do what you have to do, not because you particularly want to at that moment but rather because you have to. There's a purpose for it.
The next morning I was slightly disappointed when I woke up without AF in sight. I showered and got ready for work. I decided to try another trick - I put on white undies. That seemed to do the trick! About 15 minutes later, I saw light pink!!! By mid-morning, AF had arrived. I quickly called and e-mailed my RE. I was determined not to let the holiday weekend start without some vaginal wanding action. I spent my lunch hour having my first dildo cam experience of 2007! Everything looked great. Since I had just started bleeding about 2 hours before, my lining was still nice and thick. The RE predicted hemorrhaging all weekend long which is fine by me. I had at least 5 antral follies on one side and 7 on the other! I start injectables today!
It's been almost exactly a year since I last tried with my own eggs. An injectable cycle will seem like cake after our last 2 IVFs. I'm sad that I wasn't able to carry R's baby. I think that would have been so cool - the only real way to have a child that was both of ours in the eyes of the law (genetically hers but I birthed it - even a backwards ass judge in Florida couldn't argue with that one). Perhaps if we end up with frozen embryos later on, I can try again. For now, I can't take the chance that my uterus will continue to gobble up her embryos.
My RE also had some news for me. First I learned that I am truly a girl - 46xx. My chromosomes are normal! I then got the results of the lasts of the tests that we were waiting on. Turns out my Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 Antigen (PAI-1 antigen) level was elevated. Basically it's a clotting problem that can lead to miscarriages. I've never had a problem with blood clots but I have had the miscarriage part. So this time around after insemination, my doctor is going to put me on heparin shots. I'm all for anything that will help prevent another dead baby.
The other thing that happened at the RE's office was R doing the unthinkable. While waiting to be called back, I noticed a basket of valentine's day candy on the counter. I walked over to it and grabbed a snack size bag of M&M minis. From across the room, R asks what kind of candy I got. When I replied M&Ms, she walks over to me and grabs them out of my hand, saying "NOOOOOO Chocolate". Mind you there is a lady also in the waiting room who is probably about 100 lbs over weight and who is chomping on a big bag of peanut M&Ms who then glares at R. R insists that it's for that baby. "Chocolate has caffeine, so no chocolate this cycle" she tells me. WTF, we have never discussed this new crazy strict ass rule. For the love of god, I'm on cycle day 1 and about to get wanded and she pries chocolate out of my hand?!?! Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. Especially since I don't drink soda or coffee or really consume anything with caffeine in it even when not trying to conceive. So what the fuck is a snack size bag of M&M minis going to do? And this is all coming from the girl who special orders her diet cream soda from the grocery store. I can't wait to go all caffeine nazi on her when starts her period. (Of course she had to run home and blog about it on her blog so that she didn't seem like the bad guy, while I went back to work and couldn't blog until today).
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You forgot to mention that I went to the store and picked you up a bag of caramels to make up for my M&M-nazi moment!!! LOL Love you babe!
But caramels don't have choclate in them!!! You girls are funny! That is some serious shit with the zero-tolerance-of-caffeine rule. Your kids better appreciate that;if they would just have the fucking decency to show up already so they can grow and be reminded that you didn't even eat that snack-size bag of M&Ms for chrissake.
good luck ladies. sounds like you are both going for it again? edge of my seat here.
awesome news! damn, that is strict! we were pretty crazy while ttc, but i don't think we eliminated chocolate...
Yay for the old-fashioned method+white undies! Kick it up a notch and wear no undies. I bet that would have got it going at least 6 hours sooner.
I really wanted to carry my gf's egg but we abandoned that when we realized how logistically hard it would be. The crazy part is even though it is her egg, I am the mother in the eyes of the state and Nicole would need to adopt her biological baby back. Insane.
I also wanted to carry one of Nicole's eggs and my own at the same time. RE nixed that idea.
I think the clotting thing is great news...in a sick way it a reassuring to find something "wrong." (Nothing is worse than having unexplained infertiltiy. Is there anything more frustating??) A little baby aspirin and that might do the trick!! I'm optimistic for you both! So lay off the chocolate! (easy for me to say, since I am more of a pretzel girl....)
Just wait. Once you're pg you can eat chocolate because now they say women who eat chocolate in pregnancy have happier babies. :)
Congrats on AF! And may this cycle be pure magic for you!!
A close friend of mine was diagnosed with a pregnancy related clotting disorder after 5 miscarriages, all between 8 and 11 weeks. The good news is she is now pregnant and heading into week 12! There is hope! I HOPE, HOPE, CROSS MY FINGERS, this works for you!!!
Ah yes, sex to bring on AF. It works nearly every time.
I have long ass cycles too. I totally know how crazy-making that is. Glad AF showed and you have a plan of attack. I hope this is the lucky try for you.
No chocolate? That is just cruel and unusual punishment. Besides, I got preggo on the cycle where I drank wine 2 times and vodka during the TWW (mind you, it was in the beginning when there was definitely no baby). Yep, it's all about *disobeying* the rules. I mean, look at the idiots who get pregnant and take crack. I doubt some M&Ms would prevent a baby from forming. In fact, I'd like to start a study on how chocolate is most excellent for fertility. :)
Post a Comment