Monday, January 08, 2007

Pregnancy is absolutely exhausting!

Yes, I suck. I have not blogged at all in 2007. I really haven't had much to blog about.

Pregnancy is absolutely exhausting! And I'm not the pregnant one. R naps several times per day and is ready for bed by dinner time. She's usually the one who does most things around the house since I work full time and she's a full time grad student. However, our RE told her to take it easy. So now when I get home from a full day at the office (it's cold and flu season, so our busiest time at work), I have a list of chores to do. Mostly heavy lifting and manual labor- things that R can't do. By the time I'm done with that and done doing the dishes from dinner (at least R is still cooking most nights), I'm ready for bed. There's just not time for anything else.

It seems the pregnancy is going well. R had another beta last week at 20dp5dt that was 7285. So basically her betas have continued to double every 40-48 hours. We are grateful that things seem to be going well. Our first u/s is on Thursday. We'll be 6w4d then and are expecting to see the heartbeat. I think we'll breath a big sigh of relief after that. Although, we've seen a heartbeat before and we know that it doesn't equal a baby. It'll just be another step in the right directions.

Personally, I'm doing pretty well. I'm very positive about this pregnancy. I really do think that it'll work. R seems to be a bit more cautiously optimistic. While I may change my mind at any time, I really think I'll wait until after this baby is born to try again. I want to do what is best for my family and not be selfish about wanting to be pregnant.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You sound like such an evolved person! I can only imagine how hard it is to quell the I-want-to-be-pregnant-now-too feelings. For you to put that aside shows such maturity and strength. Such and exciting (and fleeting and precious) time in your lives. Good luck with the u/s. You should see the flickering heartbeat!