So the big update: Out of our 27 eggs, 20 were mature and 17 fertilized normally!!! We are very excited. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I heard the news!!! Last time we only had 6 mature and 5 that fertilized normally. We will hear from them on Wednesday regarding if it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer.
So now we continue playing the numbers game with regards to how many to put back in. I really appreciate the responses that I've gotten from you guys. Just to clarify, last time we did put in 3 - 3 perfect day 3 8-celled embies. And we got nothing.
I think we're leaning to the 2 in me, 1 in R plan. I would even consider 1 blast in each, although R keeps reminding me that what we start off with, isn't always what you end up with (m/c, vanishing twins...).
When I got pregnant earlier this year, I had 4 follies the month I got pregnant. We were so afraid of multiples. We were quite relieved when we saw only 1 on u/s. After my m/c, I would have given anything to have been pregnant with multiples. I still would have had a baby. BTW - my due date is tomorrow. I should be having my baby tomorrow, instead, I will be obsessing about how many embryos to put in.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What big decisions you have have! Luckily you still have a few days to decide! We put in three and got two, but that was after 2 IVFs with 3 and 4 blasts that yielded nothing (sitched to a new RE for try no. 3). In the meantime, what a great haul. A blast transfer of some sort seems to be in your future! I really admire your positive atitude. I think that in itself helps create success. Good luck!
wow, great news!! good luck...
that is great...good luck
Mama@2BandT
Post a Comment