Sunday, December 10, 2006

Egg retrieval - success!!!

Just a quick post to update about egg retrieval. Things went great this morning and we got 27 eggs! I can't tell you how excited I am. It's going to work this time!!! I will be pregnant in 2 weeks. We're hoping for a 5 day blast transfer. I think it that case we'll do 2 in me and 1 in R. If we do a 3 day transfer, then we'll have to decide between the 2 and 1 plan and 2 in each of us. Thank you to those of you that replied to my post from yesterday. I also think that we're going to do assisted hatching - anything to up our chances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaah for tons of eggs...now fingers crossed for mucho fertilization and continued success...you'll BOTH be pg in 2 wks...what a great present that would be!!!!

Mama2BandT

Anonymous said...

i'd be very nervous about increasing the odds for identicals with 3 embryos going in. friends of ours had several iui's and 2 ivf's that didn't work. sooo, on the 3rd ivf try, they threw all caution to the wind and had 3 embryo's placed against their dr.'s advice. they figured neither of the 2 worked in previous tries so time to up the anti. needless to say, they now have triplets and are totally freaking out. they love their babies of course but their experience is very different than anything they ever envisioned and very stressful and expensive.