Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Moving on to blasts!!!

This morning was total agony. We were told that they would call around 9 to 9:30am to let us know how our embies were doing. Depending on how many were still going strong, they would decide on a 3 vs 5 day transfer. I have been a wreck since yesterday. I hated not hearing anything about our embryos yesterday. I understand that they should be disturbed as little as possible but still, I hate not knowing. It is especially important since both R and I will undergo transfer and be on bed rest. There's a lot of planning. Even for transfer, we have to arrange rides to the acupuncturist, then to embryo transfer, then back to the acupuncturist and then back home.

Well today, after being a bundle of nerves, they finally called us at 10:30. Luckily the embryos look great! We have 10-12 that they said were at 8 cells (perfect for day 3) and the rest were still doing well, mostly around 6 cells. So we were moved to Friday for a 5 day transfer!!! I'm so excited. Besides feeling like I suddenly have an extra 2 days to do some last minute holiday shopping, it means we will transfer blasts!!! I never thought we would make it to blasts!!! This might even mean we'll have some to freeze. It also means 2 days less of the 2 week wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaah! Shaking my rump for a 5 day transfer...maybe you'll even have a few to freeze for the next pg in a few years....after you've gotten used to life w/ the quads!

Mama2BandT

Jennifer said...

What a great fertiization rate! Sounds like you have lots to chose from AND some to freeze. The ideal scenario! And now you have a couple more days to work out the math in terms of how many to transfer. Good luck tomororw!

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow, fingers crossed for you guys! can't wait to check in for the good news in 12 days!

Anonymous said...

Hope the transfer went well, how many did you ladies decide to transfer...sticky blast thoughts...update when you can!

Mama2BandT