Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I suck - but things are well

I've totally sucked about blogging the past week. I've been super busy. In addition to my busy schedule seeing patients in clinic, I also work some evening and weekend urgent care shifts. I had traded some of the urgent care shifts that I had scheduled for the time of projected embryo transfer & bed rest, so that my schedule is free then. Well that means that currently, I'm busy as shit. I also work a weekend job 1 weekend a month to make extra money on the side. My moonlighting job is in a small hick town 1 1/2 hours away. To make matters worse, the internet has been down the last 2 times I've been there. I am feeling so over scheduled and am really looking forward to the bed rest after embryo transfer.

My typical day starts with me getting to work around 8:30 (that's when we don't have a 7am u/s scheduled - this week we had one today, tomorrow, Thursday and then we'll see about Friday). I am pretty much non-stop all day as it's the start of cold and flu season, so as you can image as a pediatrician, I'm really busy. I spend my lunch hour either catching up on charts or attending some sort of meeting (work related of course). Then a fun filled afternoon of seeing patients which ends around 5:30. Assuming I'm not working urgent care that night or I don't have to run off to acupuncture, I then get to complete all my charts for the day and return parent phone calls. On the days that I do work urgent care, I work until 8 and then get to return calls and finish charts afterwards. And finally on the days in which I have to bolt out of the office at 5:30 to make it to acupuncture across town by 6:15, I then get to take my charts home and finish them up before going to bed. It probably doesn't help that I'm an old lady and like to be in bed by 10 - otherwise I'm cranky the next day. Please don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I am currenlty exhausted. So that's my long, 2 paragraph explanation for why I've sucked at blogging. I do hope you'll forgive me. The only reason that I'm able to blog right now is that a family of several kids didn't show up so I have a sudden gap in my schedule. Thank god for the fertile people with multiple kids who flake out on doctors visits - it keeps me blogging!

Things the past week have been going well. I had a therapy appointment that I made last month. I thought I would be really anxious as egg retrieval and embryo transfer approached but I truly am doing very well. I was going to cancel my appointment with my therapist but I was so excited to be able to leave work early as I had already held part of my afternoon schedule that I decided to keep the appointment. So I quickly touched base with my therapist and let her know of our progress and told her I'd be in next month - I'm still keeping the appointment that's scheduled for the day before beta day. I'm thinking I might be anxious then!

R has become with human pin cushion. She insists on doing all the stim meds into her tummy - "so that they're closer to the ovaries". While I have tried explaining to her that it doesn't work that way, R logic is not something that can easily be manipulated. Therefore she does 3 shots per day into her belly and then the lupron into her thigh. Well her method seems to be working great! We had an u/s today - after 8 days of stims - and she has at least 12 follies on each side, all measuring around 12-13mm. Her lining is also looking great at 9mm with a triple stripe. She goes back in 2 days for another u/s.

I am currently still on my lupron and I'm also on estrogen IM shots to build up my lining. I have a lining check tomorrow to see how things are doing in there. My lining has never been a problem so I'm not too worried. In fact, my lining tends to be on the plus size, so I'm hoping it's not too big - last time it was 18 on transfer day.

So there you have it! I'll try to be better about keeping up - promise!

Only a few more days until I get pregnant!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hectic, hectic! When you get pregnant this month, you'll have to decide which 'PT' job you want to give up ; )- You'll definitely need your rest...

Anonymous said...

You'll be pg in a few days....:)

Mama2BandT