Thanksgiving was quite uneventful from a family gathering standpoint. My family, who lives across the country, is currently visiting. We enjoyed quite a feast and have been continuing to dine on yummy leftovers.
From an infertility standpoint, things have been happening. I woke up early Thanksgiving morning to a visit from aunt Flo. (I'm not quite sure why I have to use a cute name like aunt Flo to announce that my period started). R's period also came - which is much more important than mine showing up.
I've also started having hot flashes from lupron. I'm the type of person that's always freezing. I sleep with a goose down comforter in the summer, I have a little heater under my desk at work, I always have a sweatshirt with me.... you get the point. So when I suddenly feel like I'm burning up, rip off my sweater and run outside into the cold, only to still be hot outside - it's just bizarre. I've had several more hot flashes since then - each time I'm at a loss for what to do. I just wait in anguish for the hot flashes to pass and then live in fear that they'll return. I've also been getting headaches from the lupron. Last IVF I was also on lupron and didn't have any major side effects. I had 1 hot flash last time and no headaches. It's just weird how the same drug causes different reactions each time. (I'm a doctor so you think that I would understand these things).
We have an u/s Monday morning and hopefully will get the go ahead for R to start stims on Monday evening.
In 4 weeks, we will be pregnant!!! (Beta right around Christmas).
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How are all the shots and such going?
Mama2BandT
Post a Comment