Saturday, November 11, 2006

Celebrity News & Ramblings

I can't believe I'm about to admit this. I know I'm about to lose some of my credibility as a professional woman in my 30's. But I used to be a Britney Spears fan. I don't mean in the past few years in which her white trash side became painfully obvious. I'm talking back in the days of her "Slave" video and hot award show performances. Then I started to resent Britney. See Britney was able to do all the things that I couldn't. Britney got drunk and married a childhood friend on a whim. I however have been with my wife ( a term that I use loosely since marriage for me is not really an option) for over 6 years. We own a home together, pay taxes and are law abiding citizens yet we can't get married - but Britney can. Then after a quicky annulment Britney gets married again, this time for more than 55 hours and then she decides to have a baby. And bam, there she is - instantly pregnant. Once again Britney was doing what I can't seem to be able to do. Not only does she have 1 baby but 12 months after the first she has a second.

Now Britney is getting divorced. HA. I finally have something she doesn't. Besides the fact that I'm not white trash, I have a wonderful relationship that is rock solid. Even with 2 hormonal women going through IVF, we are able to overcome the hormonal rages and remain a strong couple. And our failures, including my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy, only serve to bring us closer. So finally, I have one up on Britney. Not that Britney is comparing herself to me but still, it's nice to have some vindication.

I also heard today that Pamela Anderson had a miscarriage this week. I want to thank Pam for going public with the news of her miscarriage. All to often people keep it a big secret. It's not until you have one that you find out about others. When I had my miscarriage earlier this year, I e-mailed my entire department to tell them that I would not be at work for at least a week and I was honest as to why. I received so many e-mails from people that I had worked with for years who revealed that they too had had one or more miscarriages. I had become a member of the club. So I now welcome Pam to the club and again thank her for being open. I think the more open and honest people there are out there the less likely there will need to have a club.

No comments: