For the few readers that I have out there, I apologize for my inconsistency in blogging. I suck at this blogging thing. I have been so busy at work that I don't have time to blog. I usually spend my lunch hour completing my morning's charts. And at home this past week, our internet service has been down. So in essence, I suck for only blogging once a week.
There was big news this week in our families in that we became aunts and cousins. These were two seperate events - while our roots may lie in the South, we're not that kind of Southerners. My sister in law had her first child. This was actually the first grandchild for my in laws so there's been a lot of excitement. It is somewhat bitter sweet in that we were supposed to have the first grandchild. R is the oldest of her siblings. We started trying in the summer of 2004 and therefore we were supposed to have the first grandchild. At the very least, our child should be almost here. It was during the my 2 week wait that my sister in law announced that she was pregnant (we didn't even know she was dating anyone). So we were thrilled when I too was pregnant. Of course she went on to have a picture perfect pregnancy and my baby promptly died. So again, it's bitter sweet becoming an aunt - although what's done is done and we're very excited! It's also been great for my sister in law and she's really become someone I like during this pregnancy (she really grew up).
The other exciting news is that my cousin adopted a little girl. My cousin and her husband had been trying to conceive for several years. They had one failed IVF and had decided to live child free. My cousin had been very against adoption, although her husband really wanted a child. It was while talking to a doctor about an unrelated health issue that he showed her pictures of his adoptive children and changed her mind. She then had a failed adoption last year which was heart breaking. She was then told that she was going to get a boy and then last week it was changed to a girl. She received custody on Friday, so she is now the mom to a beautiful 17 month old little girl. Having personally experienced all the struggles that she's been through to become a mom, I can only imagine how excited she must be. She sent out an e-mail with the baby's picture that says, "I am finally a mother!". I have read the e-mail several times now and cry each time I do. I can't wait to say those words myself.
For the next few months, I will close each blog with my proclamation - I will be pregnant in 8 weeks.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment