Saturday, September 23, 2006

Marcia Cross is having my babies

So I saw a picture last week of Marcia Cross (aka Bree from desperate housewives) in one of the gossip magazines. It had a big arrow that pointed to her belly and the caption of "Marcia's new bump". The caption went on to mention that Marcia is due in April. I was supposed to be due in April with my IVF baby(ies) (if we go back to my previous pregnancy then I should be about 28 weeks...but we won't go there). So great, now I'll have to look at pictures of Marcia pregnant for the next 7 months and inevitably I will compare myself to her. I will always think - that's how big my belly should be.

So this week I read on-line that Marcia is having twins. I am not some celebrity stalker (although I do like to read People magazine) and I did not go out seeking information on Marcia's pregnancy. I simply turned on my computer and there it was - front page ( or at least main screen) news. With my IVF, we put 3 embryos into me. We worried briefly about what we would do if all 3 stuck. That now seems so silly of us. We hoped that it was twins and were somewhat disappointed that my first beta was only 37. To us that mean that I was pregnant only with one. Even that didn't pan out. Now I will watch Marcia's pregnancy of her twins as it unfolds and think - that should have been me.

On a side note my bitterness is starting to decrease slightly. There is a part of me that thinks you go girl - Marcia is 44 yrs old and was recently married. I'm not sure if these are natural twins or not but either way that still rocks. The F of several weeks ago would not have thought this way ...progress is being made and I haven't even started seeing a therapist. (My wife, R, really wants me to see one. I do think it's a good idea especially as we look ahead to IVF #2)

1 comment:

whatthef*ck said...

ugh. anjelina f*cking jolie had my baby. the goddam most famous pregnant woman (and couple) to ever annoy people with their good fortune ON MY DUE DATE!!

two weeks after my second dead baby, my neighbor was kind enough to bring me not one but TWO different celebrity gossip rags with the cover announcing Anjelina's pregnancy. unf*ckingbelievable.

a few weeks later, when i was having one of my first days where i felt like i might live through the hell of it all, i actually went grocery shopping for a change and there were all the covers announcing that she was due on my no-longer-due date. thanks universe. way to kick me when i'm just starting to consider clawing my way up a bit.

turns out her due date was wrong and she deliveerd in june and not on may 2nd. harumph.