Thursday, September 28, 2006

I don't have a specific direction for my blog today. No specific story to convey to you today.

I'm feeling kind of bitter today - I think due to a fight (mostly of my picking) that R and I had last night. I felt I wasn't getting enough attention from her as her sister called during some us/pillow talk time and she chose to chat it up with her sister instead of calling her back some other time. It really pissed me off and I definitely let her know about it. That's not a normal reaction for me but it's where I went last night. The pill is making me extra hormonal (I cry for many TV comercials these days) but I hate to use that as an excuse. I'm also tired and cranky as I haven't had a day off in 10 days (and that included working the weekend with multiple pages throughout the night).

While working this weekend in a small town in which I cover a local hospital for the local pediatricians I had a thought on how to finance IVF or a get rich quick scheme. This came to me in the middle of the night when I couldn't fall back asleep in between pages from the ER and after seeing all the church things that the family that I stayed with have accumulated. Mind you all these church things and church sponsored courses that they take are not cheap. So my thought is - Christian porn. You would get married "christian" couples to participate and that would be the christian component. Perhaps in the begining of the tape they could talk about their commitment to one another and to god or something of the sort. You could have some average looking folks - folks you would see sitting in the pew next to you in church (the neighborly greeting "peace be with you" part of the service would be more fun). You would then also have to have some hot younger christian couples to satisfy the fantasy component that porn should satisfy. So what do you think? I totally think there would be a market for this.

1 comment:

whatthef*ck said...

you go, infertile pediatrician! i read two of your posts and i like you already! bring on the honesty and the bitterness and what ever else you want! my god it must be hard to see babies and pregnant women all day. that is one of my visions of hell.