Tuesday, February 19, 2008

baby bliss

I can't believe it's been a full month since my last post - agg, that's worse than usual for me. I have actually started to blog once or twice in the past month, it just never gets finished or posted. My big excuse right now is that it's winter in pediatrics which means RSV and influenza season. I'm crazy busy for the most part at work. Home isn't much better with regards to extra time. I try to take over baby duties when I get home to give R a much needed break and also to get some time in with the little guy (more about that later). However once I finally get him down for the night around 8pm, I have to start all my chores. R is big, and getting bigger (and by that I mean that she looks absolutely beautiful and amazing) and thus is quite uncomfortable. When she's up for too long she starts to have braxton hicks, so I really don't want her doing much. There once might have been a post about me bitching about having to do EVERYTHING but I've accepted that this is my fate. This is what happens when you take risks like doing IVF when we already had one baby on the way (obviously we knew this could happen, so basically I should shut up and not bitch about it). So after Hudson goes down, I clean the kitchen, wash bottles and pumping supplies, clean whatever else needs to be cleaned, get stuff ready for the next day and then somehow it's 10pm and time for me to get to bed, hence no time for blogging.

The other reason I haven't blogged is because I really don't have much to say. This started off as a blog for me to vent after our TTC failures and miscarriages. It was a place that real life friends and family didn't know about where I could make my dead baby comments without fear of scaring our friends (R was always cautioning me not to scare off our friends with my inappropriate comments and bitterness). Now, I have a little boy and 2 more kids on the way and I'm so far from that place where I once was. I am so incredibly in love with my son and I can't imagine anyone wanting to hear about that. He's just the most perfect wonderful little boy and I'm happier being a mom than I ever thought possible. I rush home everyday to see him and I look forward to his smile every morning (I'm trying to get him to quit those middle of the night smiles) but really that doesn't make for very exciting blogging. I'm sure I'll come up with other things to blog about but for now, I'm in my new baby bliss (although by the time I am able to come up with anything I'm sure I won't have any readers left).

14 comments:

Irma said...

Yay, you're back!

K J and the kids said...

You can bitch about it....just make sure to preface it like all straight people who get themselves in to "situations"....it was an accident.
I'm telling people that ! :)

I'm glad you finally have pictures up. He's too cute not to share.

Last but not least. Take care of your wife.

hee hee

Jennifer said...

It is hard, going from the TTC or pregnant and scared blog to...now what? But I want to hear it all. The god, the bad. How it is to work. How it affects your job as a ped. different. How you balance it al. What it is like to have three kids. Believe me, I can never tire of ALL the details!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are still alive in blog land, you have been missed.

Anonymous said...

This is none of my buisness, but I was just curious...did you both use the same donor so will your kids be 1/2 siblings?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! But I do understand about having no time. Anyway all the time you can spend with your boy surpasses any "obligation" to us ;)
Hang in there. Life has changed drastically for us and you're about to have an earth shattering change of your own soo.
Remember, you're my inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about the 1/2 sibling thing myself. I am interested to read your response.

Anonymous said...

Since my wife might be too busy to reply... Yes... we used the same donor for both pregnancies!!

anna said...

I'll still be here. If there's one thing you can count on, it's that your bloggie psychiatrist friend will still be around to listen even if you don't post very often. I'm so glad about your baby bliss. I get my fix of baby Hudson pix on R's blog, and he's adorable!!!

Casey said...

I'm eager to ehar about mommyhood and all that jazz. Just blog when you can and goodness knows it's hard to find time during the first year to pee, let alone blog. And you two will have three little ones to tend to. I know I'll pop by on my daily rounds - so just post when you can. :)

Ali said...

Glad to see you back. You can talk all you want about how in love with your son you are. He is such a cutie! I can imagine I would have little time for blogging too if I were in your shoes.

Anonymous said...

i'm worse than you! i haven't posted (but lurked a-plenty!) since my B/G twins were 9 weeks old - they are now 8.5 months!

i feel bad about it, but i am just so busy, it's hard. and, like you, i started blogging because of infertility and IVF issues...

so glad to read your post, though - hope you keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Your very best post. Not boring.

Omrithekat said...

Looks like you still have a bunch of readers!!

Totally understand about the no time thing- family time comes first!

But we don't mind hearing about the good boring stuff. I think if R didn't keep up her blog, though, I may go crazy. Hope this doesn't offend you, but your family is so interesting to me that I consider both of your blogs part of my evening browsing entertainment.