Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Best day after christmas ever

So I'm a little behind, most people are blogging about their reflections of the past year yet I'm just now telling you about Christmas. The best thing about Christmas this year was finding out the genders of my 2 in utero kids! We're having a boy and a girl!!! That's exactly what I wanted. It's funny, remember way back when I first found out that Hudson was going to be a boy and I was so disappointed...well fast forward to November 3rd, the day the boy was born and that I fell totally inlove with him. It's now no longer about me and my desire for a daughter. Instead of 2 girls (which is what I initially wanted before giving birth to Hudson), I now wanted R to have at least 1 boy in there and I would have been OK with 2 boys. I really want Hudson to have a brother. He's already got 2 mommies, having 2 sisters might be too much estrogen in one household for the poor little guy. Now we have the best of both worlds - Hudson gets a brother and we also get a daughter. I am so excited!!! I can't wait to meet them. Oh and I felt my son for the first time 2 nights ago and possibly my daughter as well. After so much heartache and disappointment over the 3 plus years of our TTC journey, it feels good to finally have stuff go our way - we have 1 real life baby and likely 2 more on the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's soo exciting...! i think that's a great combo. i have 2 sons, almost 5 and 15 months. we plan ona third (prob in 4 yrs) i'd love a girl, but i think i'm lucky enough to even have the chance, so i really won't care!
glad you all had a great holiday. !
joanie