Tuesday, September 18, 2007

OH MY GOD

There were lots of titles that I could have given this blog entry - "When it rains it pours" "Good things come in threes" but when it came down to it, the one phrase I have been repeating over and over is OH MY GOD and then I've been practicing the breathing techniques we learned in our giving birth class.

R had her official u/s today with our RE. We saw 2 perfect sacs and 2 embryos with heartbeats. Our RE doesn't measure heartbeats - just noted that there are 2 and the heartbeats look good.

OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG - breath in, breath out.

Obviously we knew this was a risk and we went into IVF knowing the potential risks so it shouldn't come as such a shock. However with IVF #1, #2 and FET #1 we used up a total of 9 embryos and we never got more than a sac out of it. Who would have thought that it would finally work and we'd get twins out of it. Plus the boy in me - that makes 3 kids. We are officially 24 weeks apart, however, twins don't go to 40 weeks, so we're more like 20 weeks apart.

I have no idea how we'll fit another 2 cribs in the nursery. We just bought a minivan so we're set there. I guess we should start looking at nannies now - daycare for triplets- ouch! R keeps mentioning vanishing twin syndrome but really, I think with us it's all or nothing and after 3 years of nothing, we're getting it all.





















27 comments:

Omrithekat said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Congrats!! Breathe, S, Breathe!! :)

hotomiky said...

Wow - that so exciting!!! whoo....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is the most exciting news ever! Just think off all the attention you'll get with triplets (because they basically will be...)

So So Lucky....

Audra said...

WOW! Congrats!

anna said...

Holy moly...congrats!!!

Truck Driver Wife said...

Congrats!!!

Jennifer said...

O.M.G.!!! What a story you two have! From all of the heartache and loss to this. Congratulations again and again!

It must be overwhelming, but you did what you had to do. I had 7 embryos (IVFs 1 and 2) put into me that turned into nothing. So on IVF 3, we put in another 3 and I got two. No regrets now at all. Not a single one. But I was scared during the pregnancy, wondering how I would handle it all. But you will!!

Amazing!

Casey said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am so thrilled for you and even though I know you are overwhelmed at the thought - I just know that everything is going to work out. Life has a way of doing that. Congratulations a trillion times over and over and over!!!

charlotte said...

My thought is HOLYMOTHEROFGOD. It seems so terrifying and exciting at the same time! You must write a book together in your spare time!! Seriously, though, what a ride you are on together.

Anonymous said...

Yaah congrats! How exciting and scary...so I must ask the question that always plagues newly pg women...how many more kids do you want? :) snicker, evil grin...enjoy it and keep us informed on the ride.
Happy to hear you/baby weren't injured during your tumble.

Mama2BandT

Cimi said...

do not forget the stackable cribs..:-)

SJayneI said...

Wow! I agree with first poster.........breathe.......in.......out.......in.......out. It will all be OK and we perfectly wonderful for both of you!!!

Anonymous said...

It's totally amazing and crazy all at the same time -- but you will get through this with love to spare. It's obvious from both of you that you have lovely families, friends and an amazing connection with each other. Better start getting the nursery together now! Congrats -- it will all work out despite a crazy few months at the beginning. But for now, enjoy the pregnancies together and each other -- it's like magic addition 1 + 1 = 5!!!

Shannon said...

I can't believe it. This is such amazing news for you guys. Everything is going to work out just great. A little chaotic for a while, maybe! Congrats, congrats and congrats again!

gold star said...

i just started reading your story - what an incredible ride you've been on! You must be positively terrified at the moment of three babies under 6 months old.

But it will be amazing, there's no doubt. Congratulations and stay calm!

Anonymous said...

/delurking to say

CONGRATS!!!

/end lurk

K J and the kids said...

Put your hands in the air (like ya just don't care..ok, it's not supposed to go like that)
Put your hands in the air and repeat.
"RELAX"
Now drop them out to the side and repeat.
"Relate"
Now drop them down to your sides and repeat.
"Release"

It's all good. Jump on and enjoy the ride.
Oh and I would suggest getting 3 T-shirts now that say, "Yes we really are lesbian Triplets" :)
Congratulations girls.

Em said...

Wow! Congrats!!

Stacey said...

OMG. that is just crazy and exciting. wow. :) congratulations!!!

Esperanza said...

Congratulations!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Wow, wow, wow! Essentially triplets! Congratulations :-)

Holly said...

OMG!!! I'm late to the party on this one! OMG!!!
This will make life more adventurous! Congrats! Breathe!

art-sweet said...

Wow! Virtual triplets! How cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations and good luck!

Magui said...

Hola! Soy argentina y mi inglés es horrible por lo tanto espero que alguien pueda traducir lo que digo.
Pasé por aquí y quería felicitarlas a las dos por la hermosa familia que están construyendo.
Me emociona la noticia. Mi pareja y yo vamos a comezar los intentos en los próximos meses así que espero que tengamos la misma suerte que ustedes!
besos y abrazos a los 5 !!

Homestead Mom said...

Wow. Been there - really. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

As a straight mum of one - WOW! Congratulations Girls. Its gonna be hard work - but its so fantastic. How lucky you are to be blessed with 3! All the best!

Tournesol