Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sibling(s)

As some of you may know, we are home pregnancy test junkies. Nevermind the "don't test at home" instructions the RE's nurse gives us - we start testing immediately. First to see when the trigger is gone and next to see when the 2 lines show up. So yesterday was the first day in which we experienced the latter. There was a very faint line but a line none the less on a FRER (our preferred brand of pee sticks). While we are POAS-aholics, we are very disciplined. We will only test with first morning urine, thus the wait until this morning began.

Well this morning came earlier than expected. R woke up at 3:30am and couldn't hold it anymore. So she tested. And we waited. I do think the 3 minute wait is worse the day after getting a faint line. Was the faint line a fluke? Will the line be gone today? Is this another chemical? Please let there be a line. I know color isn't supposed to matter and a line is a line but please let it be darker today than yesterday. Has it been 3 minutes yet? I want this to work for R so badly. I think I have some internalized (or not so internalized) guilt about me being pregnant and it not being with her egg. Why didn't that work? That would have been the best of both worlds. OMG it's been 3 minutes - turn on the lights and let's take a look.

The line is darker!!! OMG the line is darker and it's only 6dp5dt (11dpo) - shit I hope it's one really strong embryo (like The Boy who also had positive hpts by 10dpo and darker lines each day after) and not twins or triplets.


10 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I couldn't be happier for you guys.
This journey is one I'm grateful that you are sharing and that I can't wait to take with you.

Truck Driver Wife said...

I am so grateful that you are sharing your journey with us. Noone deserves it more than you two.

Omrithekat said...

Yay! Very happy for you both!

starrhillgirl said...

De-lurking beacuse this is SOOOO exciting! Hooray!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe she POAS at 330! That is so wait i used to do! The excitement and anticipation is too much to wait till morning!

I hoep you have a very happy and healthy sibling in there for The Boy!!

anna said...

That's some serious commitment to POAS at 3 AM...amazing! I'm so excited about the results...that's fantastic. It looks like there's a sibling(s) in the works! CONGRATS!

Casey said...

WOW!!! This is fabulous!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly said...

OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!
This is so awesome!
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is great! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey.

charlotte said...

we are so thrilled for you guys and hoping for a healthy singleton!