Today we're officially 3 days post a 5 day transfer (3dp5dt). We ended up transferring 3 "expanding blasts" on Thursday morning. The embryologist, a very serious middle eastern woman who rarely speaks or smiles (all good qualities in someone who spends their time in a lab growing embryos), smiled and said that the embryos looked very good and I quote "it's going to work". I'm hoping we can hold her to it - what do you think? We were also fortunate enough to freeze 9 blasts - our clinic has very strict freezing guidelines, so I know they were good quality blasts. So if we were using the pro-life definition of a baby - you know, the life is created when sperm and egg combine definition, we currently have 16 kids. OMG, we're almost like the D*uggers. Well except for the fact that 12 of our kids are in the nitrogen tanks at the RE's office, 3 embryos are currently in R's uterus and our other child is 27 weeks along in my uterus - so none of our kids are alive yet and they're certainly not all named J names and wearing the same colored shirts with long skirts made from the same fabric as the curtains.
R's house arrest has finally been lifted today. She did 3 days of bed rest following embryo transfer. It was quite the role reversal with me waiting on her hand and foot. R's the one who does the grocery shopping and plans our meals and of course she planned burgers for Friday night. Just so we're clear, that's an R meal - she makes great burgers, she's known for her burgers. I have a few meals I make and burgers isn't one of them. In fact nothing I make is on the grill. Needless to say, making burgers plus a few side items was overwhelming for me. I can save lives and handle several sick patients at a time in the hospital but burgers and manning a grill was just too overwhelming. Luckily I managed not to screw things up and dinner turned out ok but really, why did she decide to have burgers when I was in charge, I'm not quite sure.
I knew R was ready to get out of the house today after being cooped up when she suggested that we go to b*bies R Us. She hates that store. We went there for crib sheets and then to a few other stores looking for decorations for the nursery. Doing a wordly theme is proving to be harder than I thought it would be. We did buy a cool wooden Indian elephant and monkey today. Slowly it's coming together. We also swung by a baby gap outlet - BAD IDEA. OMG, they have adorable stuff. We'll have one well dressed little dude. R is not allowed to go there by herself - it's too easy for her to do way too much damage.
So 1 more week until beta... but really, you know we'll test before then.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Glad things are going well. Let's hope one of those embryos sticks around! There's a woman in our baby playgroup that has triplets from putting 3 embryos back during her IVF! Imagine--you could have 4 babies!!! Hehehe.
You cracked me up with the comment about that freaky family that is on that realtiy show...omg. They really frighten me. It's like a cult-family.
I love Babies R Us but I love shopping for toys. I'm a dork that way. It's for the baby, of course, not me...
Baby Gap is indeed awesome. We are disappointed in the jeans though because they are too tight up top for the cloth diapers. But other than that, cute cute clothes.
You know, those duggars are freaky people (they remind me of a polyg family but with only one mom)
but I have to say...they have their shit together. If I could do what they do with 17 with 3 I would be doing GREAT !
I can't wait to find out if you are having 2 or 3.
Are you guys nervous at all, as to the count I mean ?
If you haven't already gone and if you have one near, World Market is a great source for some of those "worldly" things!
I was obsessed with watching the Duggers. Now I know I'm not the only crazy one out there. Too funny! I can totally seeing you guys may some crazy header for your website withy 16 kids (eggs, embryos) on a family vacation in a mini van or motorhome. Too funny!
Post a Comment