I'm 26 weeks today. Every week from here on out is another week that the boy grows and his organs mature. Time however seems to be going by so slowly. In the beginning it seemed like the weeks flew by but since hitting 20 weeks, time has slowed to a crawl. Not that I mind so much as I'm trying to enjoy every minute of being pregnant but then there's the part of me who wants to meet the boy already. Yesterday I moved into double digits -as in only 99 days to go until my due date! It's crazy to think that I've been pregnant already for 26 weeks (or 24 weeks if you count it from the day of insemination).
The other double digit reference refers to my wife, the hen. Once again she's busy making eggs. At her most recent follie check she had about 30 follies. It looks like ER will be on Saturday. Really, all I want is a baby - I don' t care how many follies we get, I just want her to be able to achieve her dream and have a bio baby. I feel guilty for being able to achieve my dream of being pregnant. I wish so badly that I was pregnant with one of her embryos which would have fulfilled both our dreams at once. Unfortunately her embryos did not like my uterus. Hopefully this batch of embryos will take a liking to her uterus.
It does feel weird not to be partaking in IVF #3. For IVF #1 we put her embies into me and for IVF #2 we put her embies into both of us. So for both of those, I was on lupron and then IM shots of estrogen (which is also in oil) in addition to the PIO shots. I do draw up her meds every night and she does stick me with my heparin (I ran out of room on the front and sides of my thighs so now she sticks the fatty areas in the backs of my thighs since I can't reach around back there) but it's not the same. We're no longer both undressing in the RE's office. I used to stand with the beautiful blue drape covering my naked girl parts while she was wanded and then we'd quickly swap places on the table so that our RE didn't go see another patient in between our wanding sessions. Now it seems so uncomplicated - just one of us going through the process. The nurses don't even get confused by which meds go to which person, now it's just one of us. Obviously I'm grateful to be pregnant and not to have to go through IVF #3 - it just feels strange to have R doing it all by herself this time.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I just wanted you to know. This pregnancy has FLOWN by for me :)
Seriously. You are 26 weeks. That is 14 weeks away. Maybe 12. MAYBE TEN !!!! ok, MAYBE TWELVE.
Don't feel bad. R is having her dream. It's like that song.
"She's havin' my baby....what a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me."
(ok, Paul Anka...really...but I do love the words to that song)
You are giving her the BEST present ANY ONE could give another person.
Her present to you and the boy is due next June'ish. :)
(can you believe...30 follicles. HOLY SHIT)
Post a Comment