Thursday, May 03, 2007

Good and Bad News

I had hoped to share good news with you this week. Unfortunately it seems R's FET is another chemical pregnancy. We'll have the second beta to confirm it tomorrow but beta #1 was 8 on 8dp6dt (14dpo). All the baby dust in the world can not make an 8 sound good. We're actually doing ok. R didn't have much hope for this cycle with the knowledge that FET's have lower success rates than fresh IVFs. I had hope, I always have hope. That damn hope. I'm an optimist by nature (except after my dead baby experiences when I retreated into a dark place but now I'm back to my rose colored glasses life). R has accepted it for what it is and is actually excited about enjoying her summer. We're also excited about not being pregnant together. We know it was nuts, it's just at this point we're willing to accept nuts. R will try again in August with another fresh cycle (IVF #3).

As for my pregnancy, I'm doing well. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't puke!!! It was great. I only gagged twice and one time was while brushing my teeth which is just a given. (I used to floss daily but since getting pregnant, I can barely brush my teeth much less floss. I've tried a few times but can only do my front teeth. As soon as the back of my throat senses anything back there, it starts gagging). Today, it's back to puking. This morning stomach acid came out of my nose. That is not supposed to happen. My nose was on fire. It felt like I had burned a hole through my septum.

In happier news, we heard the heartbeat for the first time on Tuesday night! It was so amazing. I timed it - it was 160! The baby is still alive and now we can check in on it! Only 1 more week until my next u/s. It'll actually be 2 u/s in 1 day. I have an OB appt in the morning in which I know they'll do an u/s. Then in the afternoon, I go for my nuchal thickness u/s. I can't wait to see my little kickboxer. It was so active last time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog too! I follow R's blog religiously. :) Congrats on your pregnancy!

Steph said...

Kristinc - my blog is secret (supposedly annonymous) while hers is not (hence the pictures). This way I can bitch about patients if I need to. :) Although many readers read both (just not people we know in RL - well except for 2 people but they started off as internet friends).

Jennifer said...

Bittersweet indeed. A chemical sucks. All that work, all that effort and all that hope. It is never easy. I thought for certain 3 embies would do the trick. Why is human life so difficult to create?? And yet, while waiting for my u/s yesterday, I watched a teenager reading Seveteen magazine, waiting patiently for her u/s. It seems so unfair.

I am happy things ar eprogressing with you! You've got one hapy litle camper in there! I'm glad you are nearing the end of m/s. Brushing teeth made me gag too...still does. Especially the tongue part. My gag reflex is VERY sudden and strong!But in terms of m/s, i remeber WANTING it, to "prove" that i was pregnant. And then the one or two times I felt sick, I was SO grateful that I didn't have to endure that. I give you credit for keeping on keeping on!

Are you guys going to find out if it is a girl or a boy? I know that is still a few weeks away, but still...so exciting!

Stacey said...

So sorry about R's beta. :(

Glad to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy and that the morning sickness is subsiding. It's incredible to hear the heart beat each and every time. 160? Wives tale says it's a girl. ;)