Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thank you for the requests for bridal gown pics. Out of respect for my marriage, I'll be keeping those private. I can tell you that we had a great time! My wife used to occasionally wear skirts and dresses but since gaining weight during the past 2 1/2 years of trying to conceive, she's given up on some of her more girly outfits. So putting her in a pink satin dress was a bit like my wife in drag (the dress for the wedding will be purple or victorian lilac to be more specific but the dress in R's size was pink). It was hilarious. I'm not sure the chick at the bridal store knew what to do with us.

The best part was that I tried on wedding dresses. My sister in law is the one getting married but she lives in the middle of no where. It's a 7 hour drive over several snowy mountain passes to get to the nearest bridal store. So she sent me an e-mail with the dresses that she likes for us to look at (you know check out the fabric and stuff). I decided to take it a step further and try on the dresses, take pictures and send them to K. I felt like a princess, it was so much fun. They don't just let you try on the dresses, so I had to register and a "bridal attendant" had to help me put each gown on. It was the most fun I'd had on a day off in a while (considering the last days I've taken off from work were either for best rest after IVF or for taking care of R after the D&C).

In other news, I'm on cycle day 33 and still nothing. I continue to feel myself up regularly and still no sore boobs or any other signs that my period may be coming soon. I called my RE to see how long he wanted to wait. The nurse e-mailed me, said that she just needed to ask me if there was "any way that I could be pregnant" before they could prescribe anything for me to help me get my period. She was very apologetic for having to ask me so I can't really get too pissy about it. Of course I didn't see her e-mail until after I finished seeing my own patients so by the time I got back to her with my definite NO answer, it was after 5:30 and she was gone. Luckily tonight I found a prescription of provera from last year that I never took because I got my period before I needed it (the provera). So I started taking it. My plan is to take it for 5 days and then hopefully I'll get my period a few days after that and can finally start the next cycle. I'm ready to start. I'm ready to be pregnant - for real this time. I want to feel pops in my belly and wonder if that's my baby's first kick much like some of the blogs that I read. I want it to be me (or R) - damn it, I just want it to be us for once.

2 comments:

art-sweet said...

Forgive me for being a total idiot, but what keeps you from prescribing things for yourself? Is it illegal?

I know how much this sucks, and I'm hoping this works for you... and soon.

Steph said...

Artsweet - it's not a stupid question. It's just not really ethical to do that and while a little progesterone isn't a big deal, it's just a slippery slope and not worth my medical license.