Monday, January 22, 2007

I guess we're entering the boring stage of the trying to conceive journey. The part where my readership drops off because not much is going on and probably because I'm not blogging regularly. I'm waiting for my period. R has me feeling myself up to see if my boobs are sore which may signal my impending period. She was excited about a pimple that I woke up with this weekend and also about some bitchiness exhibited on my part as evidence of PMS. It's still supposed to be a week away, so we'll continue to over analyze the latest set of symptoms (we seem to always be over analyzing some set of symptoms - Are the stims working? Did R ovulate early? Am I pregnant? Is R pregnant? Is R still pregnant? Do her boobs still hurt? Is she still nauseous?)

This past weekend, I had to work during the day but in the evening, we decided to live it up and try to distract ourselves. By "live it up", I don't mean some wild crazy night at the bar but rather a bottle of great wine. We actually have about a case and a half of wine that my parents bought for us when they were here visiting for Thanksgiving. My dad is a gourmet chef and a wine snob and bought R wine for Christmas. We had hoped not to drink it until September 2007. Instead 2 glasses of wine later and I was toast. I was also inappropriately frisky. 2 days after my wife has her D&C and I'm thinking about sex. WTF? I'm not sure what the appropriate time course is but 2 days is not it.

We then watched the movie Hotel Rwanda. Yup, that sure put things into prospective. Made our little trying to conceive difficulties seem minor. Although as I looked at all the African orphans, that also brought to mind the fact that because I'm gay I can't adopt from most African countries (and I also don't have Angelina Jolie or Madonna contacts). So in the mean time I will continue to wait on my period to show up.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Didn't you get the "nothing in the vagina" speech after the D&C?! Last year, for me, was NITV year. I swear, the doctors must think I use it for storage or something. I guess I need to find a new place to keep my cell phone.

The adoption thing is so frustrating. No country will let a gay person adopt. You can lie, but that just makes me so annoying. Laws need to change. China has awful rules...if you are "single" and have a "female roommate" and you want to adopt, the female roommate has to agree to a medical exam. Isn't that sick?

But you won't have to go that route of you don't want to. You have two uteri (is that a word?) and lots of eggs and you will get your baby (babies). It sucks that it isn't on your time frame. Don't you hate when people say things like that? People would say that to me and I would just get so bitter.

By the way, Hotel Rwanda is NOT a good drinking movie!!! What were you thinking?!

Sophia said...

so sorry to hear of your loss

whatthef*ck said...

i'm still here. what a long and shitty road you've traveled to get here and neither one of you is even pregnant. WTF?? good things must be comin' your way. the odds must be in your favor, for fuck's sake.