Sunday, December 17, 2006

Day 3 of being a prisoner in my own house. Bed rest is starting to drive me a bit nuts. I'm bored. I'm also obsessing about not feeling anything. I feel like I should feel something. Damn it, I want cramps and a tiny bit of spotting. Something to make me feel like it's working. Yesterday, I thought I had cramps but then I was really gassy (sorry TMI) so who knows.

Now I have 1 more week to obsess about things. Our first beta will be a week from today. Which brings up the issue of when to start peeing on a stick. I know that our clinic tells us not to POAS but I'm sure that we will. In fact, we even told our nurse that we would. I think we'll start on 5dp5dt and expect to get a negative that day (so that we're not disappointed). From then on we'll test daily until beta day.

With regards to POAS, R had a brilliant idea. Hear me out on this. R wants each of us to pee into a cup, then we'll mix the urine together and then test. This way we'll still have a surprise on beta day. At first, I thought she was nuts. However, the more I thought about it, the more on board I was with the plan. Now I think it's a great idea. What do you think?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Me, I'm all for NO surprises on beta day! But your plan is very cute! I started testing at 9DPO. It was negative. I got a faint faint faint beyond faint positive at 11dpo. 12, 13 and 14DPO were slightly darker but still oh so faint. On Beta day, it was 208. That line should have been nice and dark! Just goes to show you really can't tell anything by how dark the line is (or isn't).

And in terms of feeling anything...I felt pretty much nothing, and I had two in there! But it is so hard not to obsess over symptoms or lack thereof.

Your Beta is on xmas eve..what a great xmas present! (if you celebrate christmas, that is!)

Jennifer said...

anotehr thing...I had implantation spotting on my beta day. I too thought it would come earlier, but it kinda hung around up there till beat. The, of course, I thought it was too laet for implantatio spotting, and I freaked. But all was fine.

Anonymous said...

totally sounds cute, but i'm not one for surprises normally. i p.o.a.s. with each iui until the one when it actually worked. i just said forget it, i'll wait to find out it's negative with the blood test and much to my surprise, our nurse's call was the best call i have ever recieved! so whatever makes you guys happy...

Anonymous said...

surprises are overrated

Mama2BandT