So we're currently back in line for the second ride on the infertility mega-roller coaster. Don't get me wrong, we've been at the infertility amusement park for over 2 years now and have ridden most of the rides several times. But this will be our second time riding the big ride at the park - the IVF roller coaster.
Just the mere thought of getting back in line has me in the land of mega-bitch. Being on birth control for the past 3 weeks and then getting my period this week surely doesn't help with the attitude. I have picked fights with R about everything this week. Today is was her who was a biatch but that gave me the right to react and be a biatch right back at her.
So this time, we're taking some friends with us on the IVF roller coaster. We have our new acupuncturist who we've been seeing now for a few weeks. He was very excited last night when he heard that IVF #2 is just around the corner. He took a few extra minutes reading my pulse (which I liken to reading tarot cards or palm reading) and then contemplated where to stick the needles. Apparently 4 in right ear, 3 on my head (including one between my eyes that caused me to go cross eyed every time I opened my eyes), 2 on my abdomen and 3 on each leg/foot is what it will take to keep a baby alive in my uterus for more than several weeks.
My other roller coaster guest is my new therapist. After one too many bad jokes about babies dying in my uterus, R has suggested I "talk to someone". I do agree that searching the pregnancy message boards for my old IVF cycle buddies and only to see if everyone is still pregnant is a sign that I probably need a therapist. It's just it annoys me when people put up pregnancy tickers at 3w5d...that's just wrong...are these people clueless that something could go wrong. I understand being excited but really, do we need a pregnancy ticker at that point??? So I digress...I have my first ever therapy appointment this upcoming week. Hopefully she's tall enough to ride the ride.
I'm not sure who R will bring along this time for the ride. We've got quite a few people at the infertility clinic that will ride the ride with us. The nurse who called to schedule our appointment told me that they missed us. I do think there's something wrong with that, I hope they aren't fucking up our embryos on purpose so that we hang out together more. Really, I plan on bringing the babies by the office once they are born. Although I will have tact. I won't be like those other women who show up with their twin strollers and walk right in the front door. Everyone knows that doctors offices have a back door (you don't see the doctor walk through the waiting room do you?). So call ahead and head to the back and avoid the evil stares of the women in the waiting room.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Loved this post... great writing about who's joining you on the ride. Hopefully it'll be less of a roller coaster and more like one of those fancy boat rides where you just go with the flow and there are no real surprises or sudden drops. (I ain't talking Splash Mountain people, more like It's A Small World without the song playing obnoxiously or all the yelling kids - just being on the boat looking at the pretty colors)
Post a Comment