Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The begining

Well this really isn't the begining but rather it's somewhere in the middle of my infertility journey - hopefully nearing the end. But as far as blogging goes, this is my first attempt. I've been posting on the infertility message boards for a while now but I'm sick of fake congratulating people that I don't know on their BFP's (big fat positive in IF message board talk). Maybe if I had a BFP that decided to hang around for some significant length of time, I wouldn't be so bitter. So I thought I would exude my current negativity out on the world or at least the 1 to 2 people that may be reading this.

The other reason for starting a blog is so that I can also be out. No not as a lesbian, although I am one of those too. But rather, out as a pediatrician. I've chosen not to reveal my profession on the IF message boards for several reasons. First of all, everyone on the boards gives "medical advice" such as "yes your cervical mucous sounds very normal" and "the antagon, gonal-f, repronex protocol works well for poor responders". I don't want anyone to take my "medical advice" as real medical advice since I'm a physician, after all I'm a pediatrician not an RE or even an OB/GYN. The second reason not be out as a physician on the message boards is that many women like to doctor bash on there. I too will sometimes engage in venting publicly about my RE (even though I think he's great most of the time). I just want the other women to vent freely and not worry about the other doctor in the room.

So here I am...now you know, I'm a lesbian pediatrician trying unsuccessfully to have a child. Welcome to my inner ramblings...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! Of course, I wish you didn't have the IF trouble that's prompting you to write, but welcome all the same.