Saturday, May 10, 2008

New memories

Remember last week when I said life with our trio wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be? Well this week has proved me wrong - it's just as hard as I thought it would be. I'm not sure if it's because the sleep deprivation is accumulating or if I'm just becoming less patient. We've had several episodes this week in which all 3 have been crying at the exact same time - baby crying in stereo with surround sound (plus it's amplified on the baby monitor to the other rooms) There are days in which our lives seem like an endless cycle of feed, burp, change diapers - then run around trying to clean the house or deal with the dog or eat something or shower (although showering has become an every other day thing, heck I'm sure this week, I might have even skipped 2 days) before doing it all over again. It's hard to remember to stop and just hold a baby and enjoy them without thinking of the million other tasks that need to be done. I feel bad because at this stage I held Hudson so much and I feel Kate and Bennett aren't getting as much of that. Ahhh, life with multiples!

On a happier note, today I took all 3 on a walk by myself. I didn't realize that the seats on our triplet stroller actually laid back all the way flat. I thought I couldn't use the triplet stroller until the kids could sit up but I was wrong! It was so awesome - I pushed this bus like stroller throughout the neighborhood. During my half hour walk, I had at least 25 people say something - this included several people who were driving by and actually pulled off into the bike lane to say something to me. Surprisingly it was both men and women, old and young who commented. One older gentleman who was mowing his lawn, just laughed. I could still hear him laughing when I was half a block away. The 2 little ones were in the 2nd and 3rd seats with the sun shades pulled down so you couldn't really see them. Hudson rode shot gun up front (I swear he was like half a block ahead of me). Since people could only really see Hudson, when they would holler "triplets" I would just yell back "yup". No sense in getting into "nope they're 4 3/4 months apart" across someones front lawn. It was quite the amusing walk! I can't wait to go on it again tomorrow.

This weekend also marks the 2 year anniversary of our first miscarriage. It technically was our first born since (**warning TMI ahead) I passed the fetus in the intact sac in the men's room at a restaurant (the ladies room was occupied and I had felt something big come out, my only choice was the men's room). It's one of our favorite restaurants and we haven't been back since that day. I think we're planning on going back today - with all 3 of our kids, to erase the negative memory and create a new one on our first mother's day.

7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

;) It gets easier and it gets different. That will make sense one day !

Good luck clearing that memory.
Happy Mothers Day girls.

Jennifer said...

It's great that you went back and took back the day, so to speak. what an awful experience that must have been. How do you get past that? I can only imagine that dark day and the period of time after that. And now, look at you. Three healthy and beautiful babies. You worked so hard t get here and here you are. I am sure there are really tough moments in the mix. But what an amazing family you have.

anna said...

I get a ridiculous amount of attention with twins on my walks...I can't even imagine with all 3 of your babes! I'm glad you were able to get out and that Carey got a bit of a break. I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day and that going to that restaurant with your 3 gorgeous babies clouded out a bit of the badness from the miscarriage. You ladies are doing an amazing job!

anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

oh I believe it can be hard. Heck, it's hard with just one sometimes.

That's too funny that people had to laugh/comment on your "triplets." And it is sometimes just easier to go along with people's thoughts than correct them.

That miscarriage sounds horrible. I am so glad that you now have 3 beautiful babies in your arms.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good for you for attempting the walk solo, sounds like it went well! You guys definitely have your hands full but the babies are absolutely beautiful, enjoy them!!

Jess said...

I'm so proud of you guys for going back and creating a new memory, you are both so brave.
As far as your crazy life, I suprised you get to shower at all. Toting around 3 babies must make for great excercise. Between the not eating and pushing them around...you guys are going to waste away if your not careful!